+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 349 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Esther McVey rumoured to be resigning from the cabinet , possibly tomorrow , no loss there then .

10 other members signed the deal off but didn't like it , possibly because it doesn't matter anyway as it won't get through parliament .

Corbyn and May meeting right now , feck knows what that's about , Corbyn hasn't a clue either , Starmer may have been her better opposition man as he actually knows Labour's position , mind you he's the only one that does .

DUP dont like it , SNP don't like it , remainers don't like it , brexiters don't like it .

Humiliating defeat for May when it gets voted down I guess .

Tory whips might flip a few rebels with the it's this or a marxist government line but it possibly still won't be enough .

Can't see her surviving much longer to be honest , untenable position .

What next ?

Who knows , if the DUP walk away from the supply and confidence deal then that weakens the tory government even more .

A General Election ?

I don't think anyone will command a majority , The DUP won't back up the Tories and it's hard to see anyone siding with Labour whilst ever Corbyn is leader .

It aint good chaps .

She will ' blag ' it through with a little help from Moggy......don't start creaming your pants just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    She will ' blag ' it through with a little help from Moggy......don't start creaming your pants just yet.
    I think Mogg is more likely to be walking around parliament right now with a shotgun and a number of henchmen ready to shoot her on sight .

Tories called the referendum....

Tories set up the framework and actual question of the referendum...

Tories said they'd get the best deal for the UK...

Tories have been in fighting for two years on the type of brexit....

Tories have told us consistently that we will get the best deal possible....

Tories have just given us a deal that is woefully short of the promises they have consistently made....

Tories are now going to dump the PM, who even though she's a tory and my enemy, has had this dumped on her by Cameron, a coward of the highest order...

Tories will dump the prime minister shortly, which will probably mean that parliament won't get to vote on this deal anyway, a new tory prime minister will be chosen....by an unelected committee of out of date, out of touch neanderthals, Boris Johnson anyone???

Neanderthals really?

That's your level of political debate?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Neanderthals really?

That's your level of political debate?
    How would you describe the 1922 committee?

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Tories called the referendum....

Tories set up the framework and actual question of the referendum...

Tories said they'd get the best deal for the UK...

Tories have been in fighting for two years on the type of brexit....

Tories have told us consistently that we will get the best deal possible....

Tories have just given us a deal that is woefully short of the promises they have consistently made....

Tories are now going to dump the PM, who even though she's a tory and my enemy, has had this dumped on her by Cameron, a coward of the highest order...

Tories will dump the prime minister shortly, which will probably mean that parliament won't get to vote on this deal anyway, a new tory prime minister will be chosen....by an unelected committee of out of date, out of touch neanderthals, Boris Johnson anyone???
    Aye I've no problem with Boris MMM , if you are a Labour man you can see the long game advantages .

It keeps the tories nice and split because a significant number of them dislike him intensely .

To tell the truth I'm more concerned where we are heading , JC has done a good job putting the party back to what it was originally set up to do but to win an election with a majority concerns me and I don't believe he can achieve it .

I'm personally swiming against a bit of a tide at the moment and speaking out get Starmer in the leadership game , I'm not popular , feck em anyway , what's new .

In my opinion the very best Corbyn can do is win with no majority but Starmer could win comfortably if he takes the gig minus Abbott and McConnell and a slight shift to the centre and I do say slight , lets not go down the Blair route .

JC has done a remarkable job to bring the party back to its roots but that's not going to be enough as it wasn't for Kinnock who went the opposite way and fell short .

Starmer is the acceptable and electable face of centre left politics .

Put him up against Johnson and we'll have a comfortable majority in my opinion , Starmer actually has a brain which is a distinct advantage .

How would you describe the 1922 committee?
    "Old fashioned" maybe?

I doubt there's any of them as thick as Corbyn or Abbott though.

Neanderthals get a bad rap anyway, humans who interbred with neanderthals (Asians, Europeans) actually have higher average IQs than those who didn't (sub-Saharan Africans).

ragingpup is right. The deal is a compromise and a compromise was always going to be necessary, because the version of Brexit in which we voted to leave one day and then simply walked away the next without consequences was always a fantasy.

The EU have made substantial compromises even though they held most of the cards in the negotiations.

It seems unlikely that the deal will be approved by Parliament - the 'meaningful vote' isn't actually binding on the government, but Parliament would need to pass the legislation required to support the deal. Much will turn upon how many MPs of all parties will shrink away from the dangers of a no deal Brexit and vote with the government.

Even if the DUP don't support the government on the deal, there is no reason to suppose that they would walk away from the confidence and supply deal and risk a general election. It is inconceivable that they would risk allowing Corbyn and his Republican sympathising chums into power.

I think it unlikely that May will survive a defeat of the deal in Parliament. I think it possible that she will resign even if she gets it through - it has been a thankless task to navigate Brexit.

Boris Johnson will not be the next leader of the Conservatives - he is seen as being divisive and disloyal. Disloyalty is never forgiven in that party.

I gave you Teresa May when she was 20/1 for the job. I give you Dominic Raab at 10/1.

I doubt whether Starmer will be the next Labour leader, despite animal's best efforts. He's a Blairite. He would be very good, however.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 15-11-2018 at 06:41 AM.

From the outset, regardless how all us oiks voted, the negotiations have only been carried out with the tory party interests in mind, and frankly it stinks to high heaven.....
    Whereas this may be true I'd be a lot more comfortable if I knew what the Labour Party's policy was on Brexit. Corbyn says one thing, Starmer says another and the party appears to be in as much disarray as the Tories.
    Not good at all ☹

Page 2 of 349 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast