+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 349 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Regardless of anything else the remainers have to be the worst losers and biggest whiners in human history.

2 and a half years of constant whining.

Please God give it a rest!

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Regardless of anything else the remainers have to be the worst losers and biggest whiners in human history.

2 and a half years of constant whining.

Please God give it a rest!
    Well if I'd voted remain which I didn't I don't think I'd be looking at the UK today with anything less than bitterness and anger in all honesty .

The reality is , the question on the ballot paper was which eye do you want poking out ? .

An uncomfortable truth is that many in the UK electorate weren't qualified to decide such a complex issue , myself included and that's not a dig at anyone it's played out as a fact , those qualified allegedly to put the vote in to practice haven't fared much better , you could argue they've actually made the issue worse .

Quote Originally Posted by tom12026 View Post
    I don,t know why there are all these discussions in Brussels when all the answers can be found on here and as for animal having a reasonable point of view-well he ought to know better.
    And your take on this is actually what ?

To stand on the sidelines and offer digs , are you Jacob Rees Mogg ?

If only Corbyn had not put politics before country and put his life long disgust of this corrupt EU organisation, in to the debate,we would not be in this position.It's farcical, May is a remoaner,supposedly bringing us out and Corbyn , in support of coming out of this mafia club, stands on the side of the bourgois remainiacs.It's pathetic.Two leaders of the main parties in reverse roles.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    If only Corbyn had not put politics before country and put his life long disgust of this corrupt EU organisation, in to the debate,we would not be in this position.It's farcical, May is a remoaner,supposedly bringing us out and Corbyn , in support of coming out of this mafia club, stands on the side of the bourgois remainiacs.It's pathetic.Two leaders of the main parties in reverse roles.
    Good points.
    I wish that some of the Labour luvvies on here would enlighten us as to what their party's policy is regarding Brexit because I'm damned if I know.
    Corbyn appears to say one thing and Starmer says something quite different.
    If push came to shove and Labour was elected as the new government it would soon become apparent that they are just as split and indeindecisive as the Tories.
    The whole thing is an absolute mess and it won't get resolved any time soon because neither of the main parties have a clear strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

An uncomfortable truth is that many in the UK electorate weren't qualified to decide such a complex issue , myself included and that's not a dig at anyone it's played out as a fact , those qualified allegedly to put the vote in to practice haven't fared much better , you could argue they've actually made the issue worse .
    So the people aren't qualified, our politicians aren't qualified and the only people who are the Barnier and Drunken Juncker and we should just listen to them and do what they say, because they're the experts on what's good for us.

It it had stayed a trading bloc, as the EEC was we wouldn't be having these problems but these globalist politicians and leaders always want to take it further and further, a Federal Europe, expansion into the Middle East and Northern Africa, eventually a World Government.

An incidentally we should have had a referendum before Maastricht, giving away powers like that was actually illegal under our constitution, legally we are not even in the EU anyway.
    Last edited by great_fire; 16-11-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    And your take on this is actually what ?

To stand on the sidelines and offer digs , are you Jacob Rees Mogg ?
    I was sort of agreeing with you but please thissen.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Ok - you don't like the fact that the coalition and then the Tories alone continued to run a budget deficit after 2010.

What additional cuts would you have made to prevent that? Close the NHS? Disband the armed forces? Stop paying pensions? How would you have addressed the post crash reality that Labour handed over in 2010?

I mention Corbyn, because you support his party in its attempts to gain power. You justify that by saying it's time for change. What you have to bear in mind is that it was the same desire for change that put Trump into power and, to get the thread back on topic, helped to deliver a Leave vote.

Me, I look at what 'change' is being proposed and the large scale destruction of jobs and wealth that Corbyn is offering isn't the 'change' that I want.
    I wouldn't have slashed taxes for the higher earners, that's for sure, i'd have invested in the country's infrastructure, that's for sure, over the years i think it's plain that labour gov't's have consistently outperformed tory gov't's in terms of GDP, and have also been just as consistent in paying off national debt, the tories, the party of fiscal responsibility, don't make me laugh..

Once again you fail to recognise the very real poverty that is awash in this country, keep yer blinkers on, it shows you up for what you are.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...on-the-economy

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Good points.
    I wish that some of the Labour luvvies on here would enlighten us as to what their party's policy is regarding Brexit because I'm damned if I know.
    Corbyn appears to say one thing and Starmer says something quite different.
    If push came to shove and Labour was elected as the new government it would soon become apparent that they are just as split and indeindecisive as the Tories.
    The whole thing is an absolute mess and it won't get resolved any time soon because neither of the main parties have a clear strategy.
    To be fair MM i think the referendum has split everything and everybody just about straight down the middle hasn't it. The major major flaw from the outset on such a massive issue for the country as a whole was the percentage of votes required to trigger it, on such a huge issue surely it should've needed a two thirds majority?

I'll have to disagree with your point about how the labour party would've managed it, you surely don't think it would've been worse than the current debacle? For one thing negotiations would've been happening from the outset....

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    To be fair MM i think the referendum has split everything and everybody just about straight down the middle hasn't it. The major major flaw from the outset on such a massive issue for the country as a whole was the percentage of votes required to trigger it, on such a huge issue surely it should've needed a two thirds majority?

I'll have to disagree with your point about how the labour party would've managed it, you surely don't think it would've been worse than the current debacle? For one thing negotiations would've been happening from the outset....
    .......but would they have been MMM?
    I'm only judging things on the current state of affairs but I honestly don't know what Labour would do if they were in power and that's pretty worrying given the mess the current lot are making of things.
    I voted "leave" because I worked closely with the EU for over 10 years and it's hard to imagine a more corrupt, inefficient, self-serving and financially incompetent organisation. They make FIFA look like angels!
    What I didn't expect was that our politicians would make such an absolute balls up of negotiations and it's really hard to see where we go from here.

Page 13 of 349 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast