+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 94 of 349 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    The latest figure as at June 2018 of the unemployment figures for under 25 year olds in Spain is a disgraceful 35.54%. You quote a figure of over 10 years ago,my figures are up to date and accurate.Well done EU !!!!!
    Dont mind you chipping in but please keep it on message. I cant see how you can be critical of my figures on gdp through a period that was under discussion and you are quoting youth unemployment.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    The big jump in Spains gdp is after they joined the EU in '86

1976 -£117b
    1984 - £171b
    1986 - £250b
    1995 - £613b
    2008 - £1.63trillion
    built on unsustainable property development and massively increasing costs, some bills have gone up nearly ten fold since 1995

I can understand why you don't want to talk about those shocking statistics.We all remember the lies pre referendum that remainers were telling everyone "think about our children".How dis-honest they were knowing, throughout a lot of EU countries ,there was mass unemployment for the young.It was really criminal coming out with lies like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    I can understand why you don't want to talk about those shocking statistics.We all remember the lies pre referendum that remainers were telling everyone "think about our children".How dis-honest they were knowing, throughout a lot of EU countries ,there was mass unemployment for the young.It was really criminal coming out with lies like that.
    Happy to talk about it and absoluty shocking as its personal tragedy and a lost generation. Just odd that you linked to my post above.

I can see Spain youth unemployment was 18% in 2007, just above the EU average. It rose dramatically after the credit crunch recession of 2008 (which we all know started in the US banking system). By 2013 it rose to 50%, over double the EU average.

My question is why the credit crunch hit the youth of Spain in particular & so serverely? I wonder why you think its all down to the EU? I'd ask why you think Spain would have faired better in this period as an independent country?

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    built on unsustainable property development and massively increasing costs, some bills have gone up nearly ten fold since 1995
    Agreee with you. But I answering the question Great Fire posed.

Spain property prices fell due to the global economic crash in 2008 that had its roots in US banking. It had nothing to with Spain being part of the EU. But explain how Spain could have dealt with it better as a non EU state.

At the same time remember Spain was a third world economy up to the mid 70s and now classified a 'high income economy'. Track its gdp economic growth since joining the EU (2008 economic crash aside). Much of the development is down to EU regional development grants into infrastructure in Med resorts (airports roads rail hotels and seafront) that we all enjoy.
    The area south of Alicante right down to Torrevieja [Costa Blanca] was known at the time as the biggest building site in Europe with money mad developers throwing up properties like there was no tomorrow with tens of thousands of these properties standing empty
    most only partly finished as gm said it was unsustainable but the EU was impotent & did nothing to halt what was nothing more than capitalist greed
    New motorways were constructed from EU grants [as you say] with tolls being imposed in spite of being contrary to EU rules
    A new airport terminal at Alicante was built about 5 years ago from EU grant but the old one which was perfectly adequate now lies dormant & attached to the new one which I have to say is magnificent
    Spanish gov't has royally pulled down the EU's pants & by association the UK as we pay a hefty contribution
    It's good to know my taxes have contributed to Spain's roads, airports,hotels & seafronts all of which I enjoy & pay for

The big jump in Spains gdp is after they joined the EU in '86

1976 -£117b
    1984 - £171b
    1986 - £250b
    1995 - £613b
    2008 - £1.63trillion
    EEC/EC did shovel them and Portugal money, just like they do with Eastern European countries now.

Think they're basically bribes to make them pro-EU and keep the globalisation "project" going.

Thought I'd resurrect this for the biggy vote toneet. Seems to have drifted down the board a bit. Is it because we had a small matter of a game with Man C, a poor run of form or just people are pissed off with it?

We all know its gonna get soundly rejected toneet but i aint a clue what will happen next. My only guess is that article 50 will be extended and we will play for more time to get a solution. (God knows how much more that will cost us). So this thread is likely to run even longer...

Also a bit pissed off that this vote has not already been taken by now. Nothing has changed since the last cancellation. I watched parliament live yesterday (yes, I have a sad life) and it was like a repeat of the last time a vote was due. Same old questions and the same old answers. Got me thinking that MPS are pretty thick really if they expect any different answers to their questions. All May has done has taken the ball into the corner flag put her foot on it and prayed for the final whistle. The woman is loopy beyond repair.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 15-01-2019 at 12:55 PM.

All these arguments on this thread have we forgot a people's vote happened over two years ago and it was a vote to leave full stop. If our mps ignore that vote the trouble in Paris will be nothing compared to what will happen here. Even remain voters should be worried that our mps hold the general public in contempe. Sorry if I've spelt that wrong

OK - Culturally - We take the low cost and freedom of travel for granted (it is unlikely to have evolved in this way with 28 separate countries).

As it stands we can book a flight with a low cost Irish airline to (say) Berlin for the weekend - we can book a summer holiday with a German travel company anywhere in the EU - can buy second home / investment / holiday properties anywhere within the EU and travel whenever we like - we can retire to the Med and live out lives out in the sun. While we do this all health care is covered. All this is done completely at our choice.

There is a scale depending on how hard / where we pitch Brexit that will jepardise all of the freedomd listed above. Do you think these are sacrifices worth making to achieve Brexit at any cost?
    Been on hols to Egypt, Mexico, several communist countries on holiday and guess what? dead easy, and none of these countries are in the EU

Page 94 of 349 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast