+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Kyle Vassell injury

  1. #1

    Kyle Vassell injury


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19,992
    OH fgs has he upset someone from his past life or did he happen to walk under a ladder, break a mirror...?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    OH fgs has he upset someone from his past life or did he happen to walk under a ladder, break a mirror...?
    or in our training regime he's been stretched right up to his physical limit?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    34,869
    I thought that the challenge that he got injured in was OTT along with many other tackles by Tranmere that game.

    I'm surprised that it's a hamstring injury to be honest with you all.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    Been with us about 14 months. 27 Millers League appearances - NO goals! Looked a decent signing on paper, but it was after a spell out injured. Doesn't look like he's the same player that was a regular scorer for Blackpool. Once again, looked good in some pre-season friendlies, but unable to score in league games... (note: Gijsbert Bos Millers record - 18 appearances, 4 goals)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 02-09-2019 at 08:03 AM.

  6. #6
    To be fair the incident was just I front on me and I winced at it. He went into it full pelt with a lot of heart and you could see the pain on his face as he dropped is leg down.

    Given I don't expect Morris to do much this season I really do think we should recall Proctor if we're carrying on with 433.

    He actually strikes me as the most natural goal scorer we have and his record says the same.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    Can't fault him for effort, but other than against the likes of Parkgate, Bradford PA in friendlies and a League Cup goal against a depleted Shrewsbury team, there is no end product, unfortunately. Thought his goalscoring record would improve when we dropped down a division, but it has been disappointing. Playing 4-3-3 probably hasn't suited him either.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 02-09-2019 at 08:34 AM.

  8. #8
    He's had one good game for us, well, half a game, when he came on against Middlesbrough in the last match of last season when we had nowt to play for. He was bursting with energy and looked a real threat for once. He was that player in pre season too. We were even worried about losing him to Salford.
    But once the real action starts he reverts to lump mode. A poundshop JCH.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,660
    Can we recall Proctor at any time? With Ogbene providing some decent service Proctor could do well as he's a decent finisher. Two months could turn into a longer period out - Vas's game is all about being able to go at the physical limit

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19,992
    Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Can we recall Proctor at any time? With Ogbene providing some decent service Proctor could do well as he's a decent finisher. Two months could turn into a longer period out - Vas's game is all about being able to go at the physical limit
    Not until January if that’s what we agreed if not then no he’s gone for season

    We still have three strikers. and one could still come in yet

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,362
    I don't rate him personally. Strong and powerful yes but cant control a ball, no good in the air, bit of a sick note and not particularly a great finisher. I am hoping Morris will come good and we really won't miss him.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,399
    All the hype from Warne about keeping Salford at bay, bet he wishes he'd sold him now.

    He does seem to have an awful lot of injuries for such a young man, power athlete or not. One thing is though, he 'does' put the effort in not like a certain player we had to pay off.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    OH fgs has he upset someone from his past life or did he happen to walk under a ladder, break a mirror...?
    A Blackpool supporter told me he COULD do a job for us IF we can get him fit and keep him fit.

    Itís not his fault heís injured, hopefully it will be a maximum of eight weeks out and yes he probably did walk under a ladder, break a mirror and run over a black cat..⚽️

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,241
    Vassell in a nutshell: gets ball, runs into defender, loses ball, fouls defender.
    Sorry I just don't think he's good enough and he's become a sick note as well.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,954
    I got slated mellow when we signed him as I mentioned i was disappointed at the Std we were signing. He wasn't much good before we signed him and he's done bugger all for us. He played against us for a out 17 minutes and went off injured a few years ago.
    Another thing that I'm not seeing is reports of ladapo being rapid/quick. Wut?
    I can see smith being our leading goal scorer this season which is a bit worrying. In fact scratch that. I can see one of the players out on loan being our leading goal scorers

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19,992
    Vassell is a good player when fully fit in the right formation.
    Yes there are better players than him

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,241
    Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I got slated mellow when we signed him as I mentioned i was disappointed at the Std we were signing. He wasn't much good before we signed him and he's done bugger all for us. He played against us for a out 17 minutes and went off injured a few years ago.
    Another thing that I'm not seeing is reports of ladapo being rapid/quick. Wut?
    I can see smith being our leading goal scorer this season which is a bit worrying. In fact scratch that. I can see one of the players out on loan being our leading goal scorers
    Hard to judge Ladapo at this stage because the 3 up front is very disjointed and none of them really look comfortable. Personally I'd like to see him and Smith as a pair but unfortunately I don't think we've got a midfielder who's creative enough to put passes through for Ladapo to run on to so we can judge if he really is quick.
    Think you could be right about the loan players although they are in League 2.
    Early days yet 😊.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,399
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Hard to judge Ladapo at this stage because the 3 up front is very disjointed and none of them really look comfortable. Personally I'd like to see him and Smith as a pair but unfortunately I don't think we've got a midfielder who's creative enough to put passes through for Ladapo to run on to so we can judge if he really is quick.
    Think you could be right about the loan players although they are in League 2.
    Early days yet 😊.
    Mellow, I think we do have that player in Lindsay but, he can't get a 'start' to prove himself.

  19. #19
    I don't want to see a player suffer an injury but this could really be a blessing in disguise.

    Vassell is the poorest of our current strikers. I have never ever seen him look up once when he is on the ball. His eyes are glued to the ground. He has no awareness at all.

    I hope we can recall Proctor but if not 451 again. We have two wingers now and a better chance of getting the ball to Smith.

    I don't think Vassell will play for Rotherham again.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,399
    Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I don't want to see a player suffer an injury but this could really be a blessing in disguise.

    Vassell is the poorest of our current strikers. I have never ever seen him look up once when he is on the ball. His eyes are glued to the ground. He has no awareness at all.

    I hope we can recall Proctor but if not 451 again. We have two wingers now and a better chance of getting the ball to Smith.

    I don't think Vassell will play for Rotherham again.
    He's on a 3 year contract and has 2 years left, how can you say that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •