+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 349 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    You are ignoring two things:

1. The EU countries will have the benefit of remaining in a huge trading bloc to partially offset any reduced trade iwith the UK; and
    2. The Europeans believe in the EU and are willing to endure economic pain to defend it.
    Not ignoring anything Kerr, point 1 doesn’t suddenly fill the massive void of UK trade, I agree with you on point two on a perception basis only the reality is quite different

I think behind the scenes there are some very nervous people in Brussels as well, the effect on the larger EU economies will be significant Germany’s economy will certainly collapse quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Not ignoring anything Kerr, point 1 doesn’t suddenly fill the massive void of UK trade, I agree with you on point two on a perception basis only the reality is quite different

I think behind the scenes there are some very nervous people in Brussels as well, the effect on the larger EU economies will be significant Germany’s economy will certainly collapse quickly.
    Yet brexiteers are adament our economy will not suffer one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Who's said that?

Obviously it will suffer in the transitionary period.

Short term pain for the long term gain of not being part of a Federal Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    McVey now resigned as of 10 minutes a go .

I make that 22 minister's have now resigned since May became PM .

If the other 300 and odd pack in altogether we are laughing. it's a bit like the piggy's keeping a crap manager-it's best if they keep him on because eventually he will take em down !

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post

It will, but ours will have two advantages

1. We have the city
    2. We can make trade agreements the EU are hamstrung

And can cut corporation tax which Ireland did but then the EU stepped in to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Labour supporters tend to live in the past
    If that was so no one would vote labour after browns cock up with economy and Blair’s war mongering.

I’m a neutral and I will stay that way since they all seem to be a bunch of incompetent jackasses

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    If the other 300 and odd pack in altogether we are laughing. it's a bit like the piggy's keeping a crap manager-it's best if they keep him on because eventually he will take em down !
    She's taking a right battering in there at the moment , to be fair she's boxing her corner really well .

Thankless task , look I despise the tory party but my compassionate side prevents me from joining in the wolves surrounding the wounded beast .

Moggy signalling for a vote of no confidence in front of the whole house , ouch !!! .

84 and counting Tory MP's set to vote against the proposed deal .

Waste of time even going any further with it unless she wants total humiliation .

Absolutely makes no sense to me , surely her advisors can see the political damage to carry on with this proposal .

Cannot possibly see how she can continue .

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post

I'm sure that you are right to a point. It was no easy thing for the EU to give ground on the integrity of the customs union, but it is hard to see them going further, particularly as the Irish are likely to veto any attempt to time limit the backstop or give the UK an ability to unilaterally end the arrangement.

Page 7 of 349 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast