+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 76 of 349 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I doubt whether there will be a Election before March 29th next year. Corbyn is showing no interest in moving a motion of no confidence.
    Corbyn can't call a motion of no confidence till he's got the DUP on side

Quote Originally Posted by miller172 View Post
    Corbyn can't call a motion of no confidence till he's got the DUP on side
    Do you think that they'd come on board if he demanded the vote or is that a risk too far. It looks like he's waiting for a one horse race before he places his bet0

Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell have spent their political lives backing the Republican cause in Northern Ireland. The DUP MPs will have lost friends and family members to Republican paramilitaries.

No, I don't think they will come on board with Corbyn.

And to what end would they come on board? The DUP, by instinct, are hard Brexiteers. Labour, I think we have finally established, are now in favour of a further referendum.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 13-12-2018 at 08:58 AM.

Are these random question? It's colder and the trees aren't in leaf are too obvious differences from where I'm sitting. We are still in the EU, however, which is the point.

Any news on the technical details of your alignment plan? I know a number of MPs including a member of the Labour front bench and can pass the details on for you.

It's not my job to negotiate the details of an alignment plan - as you're well aware. I'm just giving my thoughts on where I would prefer the negotiations to turn towards if there was a change of negotiation strategy. Maybe the only strategy that would have a hope in hell of getting through the commons and avoid a no deal or 2nd referendum. Of course, this would involve delaying the withdrawal date. Slim chance but have you got any other ideas that might work? What do you want to happen?

Oh, the data was provided by the Office of National Statistics - I linked to it in my post on the Labour v Tory record on economics. Why are you suddenly so reluctant to track down a post when you spend ages doing this to others? I think I know....

Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell have spent their political lives backing the Republican cause in Northern Ireland. The DUP MPs will have lost friends and family members to Republican paramilitaries.

No, I don't think they will come on board with Corbyn.

And to what end would they come on board? The DUP, by instinct, are hard Brexiteers. Labour, I think we have finally established, are now in favour of a further referendum.
    So no chance of winning a vote of no confidence in the government unless the DUP don't vote or the labour party convince republicans to join them!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    So no chance of winning a vote of no confidence in the government unless the DUP don't vote or the labour party convince republicans to join them!
    No chance Sinn Fein will ever enter parliament frog .

I doubt whether there will be a Election before March 29th next year. Corbyn is showing no interest in moving a motion of no confidence.
    Im guessing she said before the next election to give it a time frame rather than after brexit which could be indefinite.

Next election in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I only ever judge a party on three things, their attitude and care for the nhs, education, welfare state, take a good look at all three and tell me you can vote tory, ever......
    Actually Blair's PPI deals and the ridiculous contracts Labour gave to GPs are two of the major reasons the NHS is struggling so much.
    Last edited by great_fire; 13-12-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Next election in 2022
    Very brave man who can predict anything these days .

The Tory Party could well split given some of the language getting used today .

Thatcher resigned not long after living to fight another day let's not forget .

You have a very weak PM leading a party who are divided beyond repair .

Something will have to give eventually .

Page 76 of 349 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast