+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 349 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Yep she is gonna have to tear up that document. Been ideal for bonfire night! I suppose she will be hoping that she can win enough of her mps over before the final vote. It aint gonna happen though.

I think there is another aspect to this that has not been mentioned much . Not only has she got to get it through the house of commons she has also to get it past the Europeans as well.

The daft thing is we always knew this was going to be a dead duck. It has been a complete waste of time. The referendum should have given us two options: we either stay in the EU or go it alone. If the vote was to go it alone we pay the divorce bill then find another girlfriend.

What worries me most is that we do not have a properly thought up back up plan if there is no deal. Botch up feckin Britain eh?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 15-11-2018 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    If that was so no one would vote labour after browns cock up with economy and Blair’s war mongering.

I’m a neutral and I will stay that way since they all seem to be a bunch of incompetent jackasses
    I think the current Labour supporters are looking a bit further back than the 90s

You are being harsh on Brown; he was more able than he is given credit for, but didn't present well.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    You are ignoring two things:

1. The EU countries will have the benefit of remaining in a huge trading bloc to partially offset any reduced trade iwith the UK; and
    2. The Europeans believe in the EU and are willing to endure economic pain to defend it.

How can they endure the economic pain when they include Greece, Spain, Portugal and Italy?

Why can't they? The EU has already borne a good deal of pain dealing with the post crash state of those countries. A little more won't make much difference.

The rest of the EU is committed to the 'European project' in a way that we have never been and have never understood. That is why ardent Brexiteers have constantly overestimated how much the EU would be willing to give in negotiations.

Like it or not, we probably need them more than they need us and, painful though it might be, they are willing to wave goodbye big style rather than upset the EU apple cart.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 15-11-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Rees Mogg now putting letter in of no confidence in May. Looks like its the beginning of the end for her.Whoever takes over now looks like they will be taking us out.

She got screwed over by her civil servants, should have watched Yes Prime Minister.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Why can't they? The EU has already borne a good deal of pain dealing with the post crash state of those countries. A little more won't make much difference.

The rest of the EU is committed to the 'European project' in a way that we have never been and have never understood. That is why ardent Brexiteers have constantly overestimated how much the EU would be willing to give in negotiations.

Like it or not, we probably need them more than they need us and, painful though it might be, they are willing to wave goodbye big style rather than upset the EU apple cart.
    I disagree I think it would be equally bad for both EU and uk the only difference is EU are a bunch of half wits bents on self destruction and I for one think if a no deal came into play yes we would loose money on eu trade but we would pick up money from USA Canada japan and China while EU would just loose money.

And no I don’t think I’m harsh on brown at all

I'm going to buy a couple of hundred tins of baked beans at the weekend.

I think you're already full of gas aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I disagree I think it would be equally bad for both EU and uk the only difference is EU are a bunch of half wits bents on self destruction and I for one think if a no deal came into play yes we would loose money on eu trade but we would pick up money from USA Canada japan and China while EU would just loose money.

And no I don’t think I’m harsh on brown at all
    Too many countries in the EU with too many different agendas hence no trade deal yet with the USA after decades of negotiations.

Page 8 of 349 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast