+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 349 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Why can't they? The EU has already borne a good deal of pain dealing with the post crash state of those countries. A little more won't make much difference.

The rest of the EU is committed to the 'European project' in a way that we have never been and have never understood. That is why ardent Brexiteers have constantly overestimated how much the EU would be willing to give in negotiations.

Like it or not, we probably need them more than they need us and, painful though it might be, they are willing to wave goodbye big style rather than upset the EU apple cart.
    Last I heard the Italians and Dutch didn't seem that committed to the European Project!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Last I heard the Italians and Dutch didn't seem that committed to the European Project!!
    There is a degree of anti EU sentiment in every member country, but the united front that the EU has managed to maintain through the negotiations should tell you all that you need to know

So when you say "the Europeans" you actually mean the EU leaders and the Commission.

And like most Remainers, forever treating the EU and Europe as if they're the same thing.

No. Based upon the conversations that I have had and the repeated election of largely pro-EU governments, I meant European people generally.

As for me being a remainer, I have rarely encountered a decision on how to vote that was more difficult and nuanced than that in the referendum.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 15-11-2018 at 06:34 PM.

I've seen the towel thrown in for boxers for less than May has put up with.
    Respect for her fortitude .

Completely agree.

Being stubburn isn't always a virtue.

Thatcher was stubburn as well but it did for her in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    How does that advance the debate when one of Labour's (wholly unrealistic and unattainable) tests for supporting a Brexit deal is that it must retain all the benefits of the single market and customs union?
    Hi Kerr,

Who originally said during the referendum campaign that, in the event of leaving the EU, the UK will retain the "exact same benefits of the single market and CU"?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Being stubburn isn't always a virtue.

Thatcher was stubburn as well but it did for her in the end.
    Can't believe I'm doing this , I must be getting soft in my old age .

She's shown outstanding resilience in the face of adversity , some of it of her own making but none the less she's stuck it out , something I admire in a person .

Some of those currently plotting to oust her such as Mogg and Johnson couldn't spell public duty , silver spoon self serving tw@ts who are ten a penny in that party .

The way Mogg stood up in parliament and more or less told her he was going to signal a letter of no confidence was a disgrace , not the time or the place you hideous fuqwit , not seen anything from your ERG that actually amounted to much or Boris the buffoon .

I want her party out of office asap but on the subject of brexit it's possibly the best anyone can do because nobody can deliver this , it's impossible .

Apparently the 48 letters needed to trigger a vote of no confidence has been reached .

If May steps down the Queen could in effect ask Corbyn to form a government since the tories don't have a majority , can't see that happening unless some unlikely alliances come together , Corbyn , the DUP , SNP and The Lib Dems , hmmmm !!

Half the Labour membership would resign if the DUP were propping us up in government me included , horrible bstrds .

Let the tories finish what they started for me .

Page 10 of 349 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast