+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 81 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Walk away from it all seeing as we’re not getting a fair deal see what they have to say then.

Trump would have walked by now telling them to stick it

It's looking a bit like a stand off now. The EU have said that May's deal is the final one and there'll be no further concessions. They also said once we trigger Article 50 it was irreversible, now that doesn't seem to be the case. Whatever your thoughts on May's deal, she certainly got more than Cameron did when he tried to negotiate a deal for us to remain in a "reformed EU." It seems the only way to get concessions from the EU is to wave the "no deal" prospect in their face.

However, it would appear that both sides are terrified of the no deal scenario. So is it just a case of who blinks first now to try and avoid this happening?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJohn View Post
    It's looking a bit like a stand off now. The EU have said that May's deal is the final one and there'll be no further concessions. They also said once we trigger Article 50 it was irreversible, now that doesn't seem to be the case. Whatever your thoughts on May's deal, she certainly got more than Cameron did when he tried to negotiate a deal for us to remain in a "reformed EU." It seems the only way to get concessions from the EU is to wave the "no deal" prospect in their face.

However, it would appear that both sides are terrified of the no deal scenario. So is it just a case of who blinks first now to try and avoid this happening?
    Agree with that DJ although it's not really hard to get more than bugger all is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Walk away from it all seeing as we’re not getting a fair deal see what they have to say then.

The thing is Brin from a negotiating position that would be our strongest position regardless of how unpalatable it may be.

Easy in and difficult to come out of, and even more difficult being a member

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Trump had to deal with the Five Families for years, May does not really have the same negotiating experience.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    How does he "need" Peter Shilton's support exactly?

Do the Remainers "need" Lineker's support?
    One detected Mr Rees Mogg wasn't exactly feeling topper last night following his little mutiny .

One needs to play the right cards at the right moment if one is to succeed in this business .

Unfortunately Jacob and his hounds have tally hoed a little prematurely and they will have to sit on their hands for a year before they can join the fox hunt once again .

Jacob's not familiar with not getting what he wants and looked rather deflated I thought .

Chin up old boy .

EU DIRTY RATS!!!!! Enough is enough.Junker and Tusk have shown us what they really are today.Then we have the global property tycoon Blair, telling us we should have another vote to stay in this sinking ship.Why is HE getting so much coverage?The elite chattering classes are trying to overturn a decision made in the highest turnout of voters ever.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    EU DIRTY RATS!!!!! Enough is enough.Junker and Tusk have shown us what they really are today.Then we have the global property tycoon Blair, telling us we should have another vote to stay in this sinking ship.Why is HE getting so much coverage?The elite chattering classes are trying to overturn a decision made in the highest turnout of voters ever.
    What the reality of all this ballacks is the European elite battling the British elite over global rights to working class labour, you, me everyone....globalisation is the enemy to me, plain as day.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    What the reality of all this ballacks is the European elite battling the British elite over global rights to working class labour, you, me everyone....globalisation is the enemy to me, plain as day.
    Fully endorsed by the EU in my opinion .

Not a pretty sight to see the PM trying to go cap in hand to these people , Tory PM or not , I certainly didn't like what I saw .

Proper winds me up to think we are giving £39bn to these people .

I think we all knew this was going to happen 2 and a half years ago. We all knew that they would give us sweet FA and try any backhanded trick they could to keep our £39 Billion. Tossers.

It's now time to say FU to them and leave the godforsaken thing.

Page 81 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast