+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by tony2606742 View Post
    'Endure indefinitely'
    Good title for the next Coldplay album

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    So if the EU will not discuss the future trade deal, how can you so confidently state that May's deal will give us FoM, freedom from ECJ and ending of contributions?

Haven't we established that the UK and EU have set out a paper identifying some basic agreed principles to work towards? I assume you're referring to that? That does indeed state a shared intention to work towards this but do you really think that we are going to get all of these benefits? You are trying to assure BigLadon and others that May's deal will bring us these benefits. But to swallow this we would have to imagine that:

1. May is a hard, brilliant negotiator
    2. The EU are willing to give us these benefits including fishing and agriculture, without huge further concessions on our part.

Sorry to throw a couple more impertinent questions at you, which I know you would never dream of doing to others, but:

1. What do you think that these concessions are likely to be?
    2. Why should you advise an electorate to accept a deal that is so vague and open to enormous concessions from us?
    3. Do you see May as a hard and brilliant negotiator whom we can trust to extract these benefits in future negotiations without major concessions?

And this is not even factoring in the possibility of being in a non ending Backstop which, whilst being fine for us who like friction-less trade and travel, will no way get the backing of BigLadon et al. Understandably.

There is a concept in English law called the legislative supremacy of Parliament, which provides, amongst other things, that a government cannot bind a future government. If, for example, you got your wish and we entered the freedom of movement, EU budget contributions and access to fisheries of a Norweigan model, there would be nothing to prevent another government coming along, recognising the insanity of that and pulling us out. It follows that, in that sense, nothing is guaranteed.

Did you not hear him the first time rp
    I reproduce it above just in case
    I was going to say he's showing the first signs of dementia of repeating himself but then realised he's always repeating himself

I can't help wondering what sort of brexit we would have had now if May had had a landslide at the last general election. Wonder what her original plans were? I would guess she would have gone for a hard brexit to appease the right wingers in her party. Also would the EU have made more concessions to a strong government?

I suppose that there technically could still be a strong govt of one type or another if we do have another general election soon.

Which leads me on to another question ..when will time run out to negotiate a deal? Can we assume the end of March next year is yer lot but if there is a different govt in surely it makes sense for the EU to give it another go.

Questions, questions, questions. Some fecker ought to make a movie out of this balls up one day! Its got everything: scandal, intrigue, cowardice, treachery, gross incompetence, stupid haircuts (Boris), the lot!The only thing it lacks is romance! Maybe if May shags Juncker for a better deal the romance will be provided.(Sooner him than me !)
    Last edited by rolymiller; 05-12-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I can't help wondering what sort of brexit we would have had now if May had had a landslide at the last general election. Wonder what her original plans were? I would guess she would have gone for a hard brexit to appease the right wingers in her party. Also would the EU have made more concessions to a strong government?

I suppose that there technically could still be a strong govt of one type or another if we do have another general election soon.

Which leads me on to another question ..when will time run out to negotiate a deal? Can we assume the end of March next year is yer lot but if there is a different govt in surely it makes sense for the EU to give it another go.

Questions, questions, questions. Some fecker ought to make a movie out of this balls up one day! Its got everything: scandal, intrigue, cowardice, treachery, gross incompetence, stupid haircuts (Boris), the lot!The only thing it lacks is romance! Maybe if May shags Juncker for a better deal the romance will be provided.(Sooner him than me !)
    Juncker has shagged May
    Metaphorically speakig of course
    But then again what goes around comes around as now she's trying to shag the rest of us
    Well 52% of us
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 05-12-2018 at 05:48 PM.

He's certainly given her plenty of soft!

I saw on Calendar Corbyn and May both now pretending that they care about the children they sacrificed on the altar of political correctness in Rotherham.

It's just amazing how brazen and fake and cynical these people are.

And then at election time you get too choose between two sets of scumbags, I think we should be more like the French and say enough's enough.

What a novel way of putting May & Corbyn on the same platform

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I saw on Calendar Corbyn and May both now pretending that they care about the children they sacrificed on the altar of political correctness in Rotherham.

And then at election time you get too choose between two sets of scumbags, I think we should be more like the French and say enough's enough.
    Didn't the french choose Macron over Le Penn ?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    What a novel way of putting May & Corbyn on the same platform
    They and their parties both share a contempt for the people who elected them, it's becoming clear that most of the parliament does.

The media shares their contempt, calling the 70 MPs who actually want to carry out the democratic wishes of the people "Brexit rebels" when in actuality they are the only ones who aren't rebelling.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

When was this GF?

Page 47 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast