+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 103 of 349 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

The closeness of the vote is also an interesting point .

If you take London out of the vote , leave would have won by 11% .

11% is a fairly significant win in my opinion .

As far as I'm concerned London may as well be another country altogether for what relevance it is to the rest of us but I take the point it isn't and the winning margin of 4% is the official winning margin .

What it does say is that the rest of england and wales are against remaining in the EU fairly significantly more than they are of staying in and that's something that cannot be ignored when people speak of second referendums and what have you .

London's been a foreign country for a long time.

Was watching Porridge yesterday and Fletch jokes about buying it back from the Arabs, and that 45 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    London's been a foreign country for a long time.

Was watching Porridge yesterday and Fletch jokes about buying it back from the Arabs, and that 45 years ago.

Alf Garnett made a few comments on immigration as well. I'm not sure you're really understanding who is being ridiculed by the writers here.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The closeness of the vote is also an interesting point .

If you take London out of the vote , leave would have won by 11% .

11% is a fairly significant win in my opinion .

As far as I'm concerned London may as well be another country altogether for what relevance it is to the rest of us but I take the point it isn't and the winning margin of 4% is the official winning margin .

What it does say is that the rest of england and wales are against remaining in the EU fairly significantly more than they are of staying in and that's something that cannot be ignored when people speak of second referendums and what have you .
    50% of London is white English. So you would cut off your pure ancestral bulldog kinfolk would you?!

I'm proud to live in a multi cultural East London community. But I respect how people elsewhere feel, and their reasons for voting Leave. Because Leave got slightly more votes, then I am happy that we must leave the EU but as the vote was so close, I would argue that this should be by a soft Brexit with a deal that reflects the majority of all people via their MP representatives.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    50% of London is white English. So you would cut off your pure ancestral bulldog kinfolk would you?!

I'm proud to live in a multi cultural East London community. But I respect how people elsewhere feel, and their reasons for voting Leave. Because Leave got slightly more votes, then I am happy that we must leave the EU but as the vote was so close, I would argue that this should be by a soft Brexit with a deal that reflects the majority of all people via their MP representatives.
    Not sure why you have chosen multi culturalism as your main point pup .

We all live in a multi cultural country , even in south yorkshire , one of my best friends is polish by the way .

Economically vastly different , house prices , jobs that in many cases can only be obtained in london , transport infrastructure , restaurants , bars , theatre an of course attractions .

Massively different to the rest of us .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Not sure why you have chosen multi culturalism as your main point pup .

We all live in a multi cultural country , even in south yorkshire , one of my best friends is polish by the way .

Economically vastly different , house prices , jobs that in many cases can only be obtained in london , transport infrastructure , restaurants , bars , theatre an of course attractions .

Massively different to the rest of us .
    In response to Fire's comments about London being a "foreign country"

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    In response to Fire's comments about London being a "foreign country"

Given that we have a long history of going into "foreign countries", killing them, taking their land and resources, enslaving them, all this talk of getting shut of foreigners is forgetting history - we still have treasures from all over the world in the laughably named "British Museum" - "Robbing Barstewards" museum more like...

I lived in London for a while - different country? ffs - there are just as many Brits there from all over the UK as there are 'Londoners'

Couldn't agree more sawmiller
    As a nation we have been nothing short of *******s across the globe
    As you say we have raped,pillaged,plundered, robbed, killed, enslaved,colonised & more, so our past may be coming back to haunt us
    Only problem is it wasn't me or my family or my ancestors even my cousins 6 times removed
    As usual it was the greedy sods at the top of the social hierarchy so nowts changed as it?

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Given that we have a long history of going into "foreign countries", killing them, taking their land and resources, enslaving them, all this talk of getting shut of foreigners is forgetting history - we still have treasures from all over the world in the laughably named "British Museum" - "Robbing Barstewards" museum more like...

I lived in London for a while - different country? ffs - there are just as many Brits there from all over the UK as there are 'Londoners'
    Indeed, we're one of the few country's that hasn't moved on, our 'establishment' still controlled by an eton led elite, the infrastructure behind it by upper class, oxbridge educated civil servants, a media controlled by the same people from the same ilk, it really is shocking.

Don't forget that most of our inglorious past was driven by the monarchy & those best placed to benefit from royal patronage so not much has changed has it ?

Page 103 of 349 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast