+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 75 of 349 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I don't have any problem with the Labour Parry democracy that changed their policy . It's the people who voted for them in 2017 believing that they had one policy only to see them change it that is the issue. Where's the democracy there?
    You quite obviously do have a problem, once again you've changed tack to suit your argument, it's what you do, you've done it across this whole thread, you do it across every subject...the labour party is the most democratic of all the political party's, and it's policies will of course be amended or added to year on year, through it's membership, via the conference.

Where have i changed tack? Show me.

I'm not interested in Labour Party democracy. The whole point of my postings on the point is about the people who voted Labour upon the basis of one policy - respect for the referendum result - who are now getting something else - support for a second referendum.

You have tried to argue that there has been no change of policy - calling adventus a liar for suggesting otherwise - but now seem to accept that there has been (progress!) , but say it's ok, because Labour changed it via internal democratic processes. How does that help the leavers who voted Labour last year?

The worst brexiteers for me are those that take full advantage of the benefits of the EU yet voted out. Total hipocrites.

20 years ago the parents of a guy I know retired to Spain. The sister (daughter) and her family moved with them. They took full advantage of the 4 freedoms the EU offer buying a house, easy unrestricted travel, free health care and collect their pension from the local service till. This was once a poor region of Spain that built a tourist ecocomy on the back of EU Regional development grants (like very many other Mediterranian towns) that part funded the airport, road and rail links, hotels and the beach front.

Yet the whole family voted leave!!

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    The worst brexiteers for me are those that take full advantage of the benefits of the EU yet voted out. Total hipocrites.

20 years ago the parents of a guy I know retired to Spain. The sister (daughter) and her family moved with them. They took full advantage of the 4 freedoms the EU offer buying a house, easy unrestricted travel, free health care and collect their pension from the local service till. This was once a poor region of Spain that built a tourist ecocomy on the back of EU Regional development grants (like very many other Mediterranian towns) that part funded the airport, road and rail links, hotels and the beach front.

Yet the whole family voted leave!!
    So if they moved there 20 years ago, how did their get to vote? How did they get round the 15 year limit?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I am no Tory but I am full of admiration for the way Theresa May has stuck to her task, fighting off careerists in her own party and the media, snidey subversive lefties, and the cry- baby general public who can't accept the result of a democratic vote.

Well done Theresa.
    I agree, but I'm glad that she has agreed to stand down after Brexit.

So if they moved there 20 years ago, how did their get to vote? How did they get round the 15 year limit?
    They are in the mid 70s so not sure the 20 year figure is correct. But will check with them the exact date they left and get back to you. Dates and exact timing aside the whole family are on my facebook news feed championing Brexit.

I agree, but I'm glad that she has agreed to stand down after Brexit.
    She said before the next election. Brexit may not be concluded by then.

I don't have any problem with the Labour Parry democracy that changed their policy . It's the people who voted for them in 2017 believing that they had one policy only to see them change it that is the issue. Where's the democracy there?
    Is the UK position today the same as June 2017? Haven't you noticed any changes?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    She said before the next election. Brexit may not be concluded by then.
    I doubt whether there will be a Election before March 29th next year. Corbyn is showing no interest in moving a motion of no confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Is the UK position today the same as June 2017? Haven't you noticed any changes?
    Are these random question? It's colder and the trees aren't in leaf are too obvious differences from where I'm sitting. We are still in the EU, however, which is the point.

Any news on the technical details of your alignment plan? I know a number of MPs including a member of the Labour front bench and can pass the details on for you.

Page 75 of 349 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast