Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
What on Earth are you talking about?

The May deal creates a Customs Union hence the passage from the political declaration that I quoted above: ...build and improve on the single customs territory provided for in the Withdrawal Agreement.... The backstop is also based upon a customs union...

Setting aside Labour's desire to obtain a General Election, what they and the other parties you mention are looking for is a commitment to a Customs Union in the future relationship. You still need a withdrawal agreement - and there is only one on the table - and an agreement on the future relationship, which the EU won't negotiate until we have left.

I'm sorry that you don't get it, but it's clear that a number of MP's don't either so you shouldn't feel too bad.

The EU welcomed Corbyn's willingness to talk to May.

A series of binary votes cannot guarantee majority support for any approach. It can determine which is the most popular option, but if fewer than 50% of MP's support it, the legislation needed to put it into effect will struggle to pass. And it won't bind the government or any future Parliament, in any event.
I think the MPs and want this commitment in the WA, not the PD. Isn't that the problem?

And I think the EU went a bit further than welcoming "Corbyn's willingness to talk to May: "It's important now that this leads to a position in the UK that has the broadest possible majority, so that we can conclude these negotiations."