+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 170 of 349 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    The common denominator is the use of cheap eastern european labour under free movement
    If you can't see that you are even more blinkered than hitherto believed
    Again, I'm not being confrontational in opposition. You might be right but what evidence can you point me to that backs up this viewpoint? I accept that cheap imported labour is a problem and we must address it when it happens, but what evidence that it in itself causes these huge problems with unemployment on this scale?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Again, I'm not being confrontational in opposition. You might be right but what evidence can you point me to that backs up this viewpoint? I accept that cheap imported labour is a problem and we must address it when it happens, but what evidence that it in itself causes these huge problems with unemployment on this scale?
    I base my opinion on what I see both here & in Spain & Portugal

If you saw first hand the incredible influx of Eastern European migrant workers in Spain you might understand
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 26-03-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Why do you think the youth of Spain would have faired better if Spain was an independent country?"

They wouldn't have to allow free movement of labour would they?
    They equally may not have had the incredible economic boom that they experienced after joining the single market in '93 (I posted the figures for gf). The potential is that the whole country would be poorer.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    They equally may not have had the incredible economic boom that they experienced after joining the single market in '93 (I posted the figures for gf). The potential is that the whole country would be poorer.
    Yes,you can also throw in other Eurozone countries such as Macron's France where youth unemployment is far higher than it should be.Paris ,at present is not a very nice place to visit with all the protesting and don't forget Greece, where the figure is alarming.This is not fake news, like we hear from the big cats' project fear.We never hear this on the BBC,I wonder why.

Just read a Reuters article that says "Spain was the biggest beneficiary of the EU's Youth Guarantee scheme, which EU leaders agreed on in 2013 and which was initially backed by 6.4 billion euros in funds to get young people into work."

Im guessing the EU did more than given credit. May of the article want you want.

https://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKCN1BV0GU

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Yes,you can also throw in other Eurozone countries such as Macron's France where youth unemployment is far higher than it should be.Paris ,at present is not a very nice place to visit with all the protesting and don't forget Greece, where the figure is alarming.This is not fake news, like we hear from the big cats' project fear.We never hear this on the BBC,I wonder why.
    Bill, this is largely bonkers. I hear this all the time on the BBC. And your idea of "big cats" pedalling "project fear" is quaint but absurd. And what do you mean by the statement that youth unemployment in France is far higher than it should be? This implies that there is some pre-ordained level of youth unemployment which exists independently of cyclical, structural and cultural factors. There have been many studies of this problem and many of the "solutions" run exactly counter to the demands of the yellow vest movement. If you want to blame all this on the EU (or like Exile on Romanians flooding into Spain and Portugal) that's your business but I doubt if your remedy of us following our own "rules" will prove the panacea you think.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Bill, this is largely bonkers. I hear this all the time on the BBC. And your idea of "big cats" pedalling "project fear" is quaint but absurd. And what do you mean by the statement that youth unemployment in France is far higher than it should be? This implies that there is some pre-ordained level of youth unemployment which exists independently of cyclical, structural and cultural factors. There have been many studies of this problem and many of the "solutions" run exactly counter to the demands of the yellow vest movement. If you want to blame all this on the EU (or like Exile on Romanians flooding into Spain and Portugal) that's your business but I doubt if your remedy of us following our own "rules" will prove the panacea you think.
    If you're going to quote me at least quote me accurately
    I said the influx of Eastern European migrants

If you're going to quote me at least quote me accurately
    I said the influx of Eastern European migrants
    Yes, I know you did but by far the largest group so far as Spain and Portugal are concerned are Romanian. The only other significant group from eastern Europe are Bulgarians and they are only at around 10-15% as many as the Romanians.

I see that Labour are whipping their MPs in the indicative votes.

Where does that do for the legitimacy of the process when a significant number of MPs are being told which options to support?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I see that Labour are whipping their MPs in the indicative votes.

Where does that do for the legitimacy of the process when a significant number of MPs are being told which options to support?

You're not surprised are you?
    The way the whole Brexit affair has been handled nothing should surprise us
    BTW Kerr can you remember me telling you quite a long time ago that Thatcher having served her purpose was unceremoniously dumped
    Sounds a bit familiar doesn't it?

Page 170 of 349 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast