+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 159 of 349 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    You may be right. But what is the problem with taking time to find out? As I said, if May's deal has the most votes, happy to move with that. If another option gets a bigger consensus, we move as we must to make that happen
    See above. The problems are that the EU27 are not going to allow endless time and that you will ultimately need a parliamentary majority to make anything happen.

Listen to Macron. Merkel may have whipped him into line yesterday, but her sun is setting and Macron is his own man and no Anglophile.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 22-03-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    There are two issues - one created by EU law and one by UK law.

The EU set the date upon which we leave the EU as the 29th March, but extended that until 12th April. The position at which UK legislation says that we leave is 29th March unless and until the government introduces secondary legislation to change it and both houses of Parliament passes it. On that last point, bear in mind that the motion that authorised May to seek an extension only just got across the line.

If Parliament changes UK law then there can be no legal challenge to that.
    Thanks for that Kerr.
    I was envisaging the possibility of a legal challenge, maybe from an individual along similar lines to the one undertaken by Gina Miller although obviously with completely different motives.

Macron is his own man!

He's owned by the banks.

He worked for the Rothschilds, he could hardly be any more of a globalist puppet.

I used to work on a fruit and veg stall in Rotherham market, but I'm not in thrall to Geest.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I used to work on a fruit and veg stall in Rotherham market, but I'm not in thrall to Geest.
    You shaking your Friday night booty in wetherspoons again? You always go a bit weird at this time o week!

According to sources within the tory party she's pulling MV3 next week .

I can see Corbyn going for a vote of no confidence If she does which given the frustration within her her party it could be an interesting vote , to say the least .

Are we right to assume that the million demonstrators in London at the moment for the people's vote are remainers? If they are, where are the brexiteers apart from a few listening to the ramblings of Farage on his bus. Can we assume that this could indicate there is more passion to remain in the EU now than to get out of it?

Just thinking there could be trouble in London on 29/3 when Farages bunch of right winger brexiteers meet up with the left wing brexiteers who are wanting brexit for totally different reasons. Can't see it being as friendly as today's demo...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Are we right to assume that the million demonstrators in London at the moment for the people's vote are remainers? If they are, where are the brexiteers apart from a few listening to the ramblings of Farage on his bus. Can we assume that this could indicate there is more passion to remain in the EU now than to get out of it?
    Only if you listen to the liberal media,

Walk around the streets, ask real people, who live outside the trendy areas and you will find your answer.

Bring on another referendum because the leave vote would win by an even bigger margin.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Only if you listen to the liberal media,

Walk around the streets, ask real people, who live outside the trendy areas and you will find your answer.

Bring on another referendum because the leave vote would win by an even bigger margin.
    The only people I've met who've changed their minds are from Remain to leave as a result of the way the EU has behaved this last 3 years.

But the chattering classes in London can't conceive of anything like that happening, they don't just live in a different city but a different world.

Page 159 of 349 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast