+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 151 of 349 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    She's not going to quit until she gets us locked into the EU until the end of time, then she'll put her feet up.
    It's all about compromise apparently, gf. You and raging are on different ends of the spectrum, so you and he should come together, trade your focuses and show a way forward for the rest of us. Simples.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Nice one Theresa. Toneet she is blaming everyone else in the h of p rather than herself. She is completely off her trolly now. Corbyn should ask for a vote of no confidence now, I would be surprised if she won it. I think most Tory MPs would rather take their chances at A GE rather than have to put up with her any longer.
    Marvelous. Parliament not sitting for at least six weeks when the need for emergency legislation is likely to be as high as it has ever been in peace time. It would be totally irresponsible of Parliament. So it could happen.

Haven't the EU always said a general election might encourage them to extend negotiation time Kerr? I suppose a hung parliament, which is likely after one, would put us all back to square one though!

I wonder how the EU would view things if TM resigned which is another possibility..

This is all gonna make a great book/ film one day.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 20-03-2019 at 10:54 PM.

This women is dangerous , dear me .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ps-brexit-fury

Support The Guardian.

We have a different approach.

Begging.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    This women is dangerous , dear me .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ps-brexit-fury
    “It might be true but you don’t bloody say it,” one former minister said.

That says it all really. God forbid that anyone in Parliament actually have to confront reality.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Haven't the EU always said a general election might encourage them to extend negotiation time Kerr? I suppose a hung parliament, which is likely after one, would put us all back to square one though!

I wonder how the EU would view things if TM resigned which is another possibility..

This is all gonna make a great book/ film one day.
    I'm sure that the EU would be more than happy to extend negotiation time if they think there is the prospect of Parliament ignoring the referendum result and accepting a Brexit in name only deal of the type that some MPs, including the Labour front bench, seem to want.

For my part, I think it is time to move on and give effect to the referendum result. If the paralysis in Parliament means a no deal exit then so be it. There comes a time when reality can't be ignored.

May resigning will be the price that some Tories demand for supporting her deal. Her position is, in any event, untenable and she could not lead the government into the next phase of the process - negotiating the future relationship - which will be far harder than the current one.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 21-03-2019 at 05:23 AM.

I think the easier thing for may to do is crash out now. By doing that she follows the referendum results and the ERG. The remained will be livid though which includes many in her party. I would doubt she or her govt would survive if she allowed a no deal Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I'm sure that the EU would be more than happy to extend negotiation time if they think there is the prospect of Parliament ignoring the referendum result and accepting a Brexit in name only deal of the type that some MPs, including the Labour front bench, seem to want.
    That's it in a shell isn't it. You think the slightest compromise is a slight on the referendum result. Exactly wedded to May (as ever) in that you have your red lines around which you have built a deal and despite it's huge unpopularity with our elected representatives, you are completely unwilling to compromise in any way.

That is the reason why we're here where we are now. May should have, and should still ignore her hard line back benchers, organise a working group of cross party leaders, refocus and organise a softer Brexit that the majority of parliament can democratically get behind. It doesn't matter that this will take a long extension, you're frothing at the mouth talking about a No Deal exit - it's worth taking time to do this instead of imposing huge economic damage on us and creating a **** relationship for our youngsters to have to live with.

The very least that should happen would be an indicative vote to see which has the most support before proceeding: 1. A working cross party group to negotiate and compromise towards a new deal or 2. May's deal. See if MPs unite behind one or the other and go with that. Why might that not work?

The May deal is a compromise, raging. That's why the ERG hate it. And when I ask you what sort of compromise your party is willing to make on it's CU proposal (which was rejected by Parliament) you go all 'what do I know, I'm a mere drama graduate on' me..

You talk about the damage to the economy that a no deal exit would do, but in the same breath talk about a long extension... Don't you know how damaging that would be?

And you are still ignoring the fact that the EU have to agree any deal that your 'focus trading' might achieve one day at some indeterminate point in the future.

The EU have said that if we want to leave with a deal, we need to accept the one that is on the table. Closing your eyes, sticking your fingers in your ears. going 'La la la - I can't hear you whilst taking part in an endless 'focus trading' exercise isn't going to change that.

How are you getting on with your 'focus trading' with gf? Go on, show us how to reach a compromise.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 21-03-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Page 151 of 349 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast