+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 96 of 349 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yep Labour no chance in the confidence vote. You have to remember the DUP are basically right wing sh its themselves so are not gonna do Labour any favours. Think Corbyn might have jumped a bit early but then again there is a chance that a few tories pissed off with May, seeing that they are stuck with her for at least another year, might at least abstain. Plus they might fancy their chances in another general election.
    I agree that Corb's has moved too soon. For me, I'd have preferred he waited for May's response on Monday together with the EU response to that to kill the Conservative dream that they could change the backstop as a result of tonight's vote. That way, he could have been in with a shout of gaining the tory rebels who lose faith in May getting their unicorn.

But even then, it would still be highly unlikely that the tories would do anything to enable the possibility of a Corbyn government. A unicorn in itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Just been ****ed by Parliament. Mps just stuck two fingers to all the British public. Doesn't matter which way you vote it doesn't count anymore
    But weren't a large amount of the mps rejecting the deal hard brexiters who saw May's deal as tying is into the EU? Wasn't their vote tonight representing the will of the people, the majority of whom also reject the deal?

The hard line brexters who voted against mays deal want what we voted, to leave full stop. I'd have voted against it. If all mps had got behind brexit from the start and spoke with one voice we would have had a better deal I believe. I used to be a shop steward and if going a meeting with management you need Yr members behind you, all or most

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    The hard line brexters who voted against mays deal want what we voted, to leave full stop. I'd have voted against it. If all mps had got behind brexit from the start and spoke with one voice we would have had a better deal I believe. I used to be a shop steward and if going a meeting with management you need Yr members behind you, all or most
    But how could you have ever hoped to have spoken with one voice when Brexit means so many things to do many different people? Isn't that our central problem? Looking back, if the referendum Leave option was 'leave on wto rules' v 'remain" we'd have had a chance of clarity. But we went general, argued in wooly, undefined terms and this is the consequence.

MPs voted to leave in march deal or no deal. Now they are back heeling it. May was never going to come out of this looking good and will always be the sacrifice. Cons are not my cup of tea but fair doos to her for sticking her head above the parapet n taking one for the team...
    Always been labour thought Corbyn is a clown and holding the party back

Meanwhile Germany,the flagbearer for the EU is about to enter recession. Why on earth would a successful country like the UK want to stay in a corrupt organisation like this who will pinch all our money to back up skint countries ? A no-deal Brexit will suit me fine but we have a parliament populated by MP's with vested interests desperate to stay in the EU. If Brexit goes down I have done voting for anything.

The vote in 2016 was stay or leave. If its leave its a clean break from the EU not having one foot in the door. Mps knew that but did want different brexits but leave means leave and they should have honoured that. ****ers

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Meanwhile Germany,the flagbearer for the EU is about to enter recession. Why on earth would a successful country like the UK want to stay in a corrupt organisation like this who will pinch all our money to back up skint countries ? A no-deal Brexit will suit me fine but we have a parliament populated by MP's with vested interests desperate to stay in the EU. If Brexit goes down I have done voting for anything.
    They've always have an endgame of a political union and we haven't.

I think other Europeans are beginning to turn against that as well now though.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    But how could you have ever hoped to have spoken with one voice when Brexit means so many things to do many different people? Isn't that our central problem? Looking back, if the referendum Leave option was 'leave on wto rules' v 'remain" we'd have had a chance of clarity. But we went general, argued in wooly, undefined terms and this is the consequence.
    Remain shouldn't be on the ballot, Remain lost.

If there has to be another referendum it should be either for whatever deal May gets or leave under WTO rules.

Nobody was ever going to get a deal that commanded a majority thumbs up , not May and definitely not Corbyn .

The deal May presented to parliament was a poor one to say the least and I wasn't exactly enthralled with it either especially at £39bn .

However at least it provided the ticket out of the EU and we had a chance to put this behind us and move on with other matters that urgently need attention .

It got us out of the single market and customs union and we could wave bye bye to the four freedoms that bind you to the EU .

It delivered brexit and honoured the referendum result as good as it could possibly be expected to .

I honestly believe it would have satisfied the majority of ordinary people in the street , yes there would be grumbles but most people would have just got on with it and carried on leading their lives glad that it was the end of the matter .

But no , clearly that was far too simple for the numb nuts who are paid to represent us .

Clearly there are 432 of them who believe that either they can do better despite the EU's constant reminder that it was the only deal on the table and NO there wouldn't be another one

OR

They are remainers who have no respect for democracy or leavers who prefer to see the UK crash out with no deal for whatever narrative they seek .

So despite the opportunity to deliver the result and mandate voted by the people when asked to do so the 432 have now taken us down the road with everything still on the table when this thing could and should have ended last night .

So those seeking a vote of no confidence in the government will not get it , those seeking a GE will not get that either .

Those who wanted to leave harshly will now possibly have to accept something much softer and those seeking to deny democracy and go back to the people risk the chance of the UK falling out on WTO rules .

Last night there were only 202 MP's who actually got it despite possibly many of them not totally happy with it either but had the sense to realise the enormity of the situation and it pains me to say only 3 of em were from Labour .

Last night they had the chance to end the catastrophe and instead they made it far worse .

The 432 own this thing now , not leavers like myself .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 16-01-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Page 96 of 349 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast