+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 349 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    As exiles video from YouTube suggests why did we even have to negotiate with the EU .

Why didn't we just pay what we owed for projects we'd signed up to , made it clear current EU migrants were more than welcome to stay and just leave .

OK WTO ain't great but we all knew it wasn't going to be easy street but as time went on we can negotiate trade deals , who wouldn't want to do business with us ?

When you actually look at it in simple terms where are the actual issues to free ourselves from this club who have 27 countries right where they want them and accountable to nobody .

Tell you now leaving the EU will probably cost me my job , a job I love and the pay is spot on , I'll get by as I always have .

Fuq the EU , set of parasite unelected fuq wits , we are better than that in my opinion .

Fuq em .
    How many positions on Brexit do you want, animal? Since the vote, we’ve had you going from hard Brexit to the super soft position set out in Labour’s six bullet point ‘plan’ before flirting with Momentum and Starmer’s second referendum position as recently as September. And now you are back at a super hard Brexit that would make Rees-Mogg and Johnson wince, all because of a vlog put up by someone who says that his goal is to ‘bash the Left’. Are you a big fan of his work? Looks like he does some anti-Islam stuff:

https://www.patreon.com/ontheoffensive

The super hard Brexit that you now seem to favour wouldn’t just cost you your job, animal and even if you could get on your bike and look for work, not everyone else would be able to. So is your position ‘I’m alright, Jack?’

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJohn View Post
    So whilst it's a fair comment that most on the Leave side would "prefer" some sort of a deal, I think it's also fair to say that those same people would also accept a No Deal scenario. It would be utterly foolish to vote to Leave if the thought of No Deal wasn't acceptable to the person making that vote.
    Fair points Davey but if "most on the Leave deal would "prefer some sort of deal" why are you appearing to discount their opinions on the deal that the government has secured, and will most likely amend further? You and I don't like this particular deal but for me, for all it's shortfalls on clarity, it's not a million miles away from what I would call a fair compromise, given the complexities of the Irish border.

So how can it be settled? How can we find out the extent that the nation accepts whatever compromise we agree with the EU on behalf of all of us and weigh that against the number of people who prefer a No Deal. I can only come back to the public vote on Gov't Deal v No Deal, with Remain not on the cards. Why wouldn't that be fair? If you're correct that most would want a No Deal out of those two options, then so be it. End of.

Tell you now leaving the EU will probably cost me my job , a job I love and the pay is spot on , I'll get by as I always have .
    Wow. I get the passion of your feeling here, but what about all of us with families to support?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Last week, we had RP finding wisdom in the words of an aging folk musician.

So our board's finest mind resorts to reducing a person's argument on account of his age...

You'd better watch that attitude in your place of work Kerr...

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Countries that voted against the EU before, namely Denmark and Ireland, were made to vote again too.

Yet Remainers say the EU is democrat (and has nothing at all in common with the USSR).
    Ireland never had an in out referendum. They voted on adopting the Lisbon Treaty. After the first vote the EU acknowledged Irelands initial cincerns and altered the terms of the treaty. After the changes, Ireland held a second vote that went through on a 67% majority.

I think that is how democracy works.

Just heard Boris on the Marr show saying no one wants a no deal. Neither side wants to go out with a no deal. Thinks he means it's bonkers crashing out to trade under WTO terms. At least hes consistant and said the same during the referendum campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Wow. I get the passion of your feeling here, but what about all of us with families to support?
    The whole thing angers me raging , £39bn for a sack of horse shyte .

My pride is kicking in mate , this country has made a massive contribution to europe for decades in peacetime and war and they are pyssing all over us .

Tearing the country apart this thing and we haven't left yet .

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Parliament would have to pass a further referendum bill for there to be another referendum. At that point, the holding of a second referendum would become the law.
    You dont half talk a lot of sh1te kerr. The 1st referendum became the law any change to that law would be treasonable if changed in parliament because it was a peoples vote not one voted on by members of parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post

rp if you read this forum which i know you do you should know that Animal is a family man no less than yourself
    can't say the same for KA as he keeps such info under his two hats

The whole thing angers me raging , £39bn for a sack of horse shyte .

My pride is kicking in mate , this country has made a massive contribution to europe for decades in peacetime and war and they are pyssing all over us .

Tearing the country apart this thing and we haven't left yet .

My pride is kicking in mate , this country has made a massive contribution to europe for decades in peacetime and war and they are pyssing all over us .[/Quote]

Treachoursly assisted by Maybot I think you'll find

Page 55 of 349 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast