+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 60 of 349 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Different times fire and the EU a totally different beast than today don't you think ?
    Thatcher the Remainer though, quite funny, especially since it was the pro-EC MPs in her cabinet who did her in (probably on their behalf).

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Different times fire and the EU a totally different beast than today don't you think ?
    Didn't become EU tilll 93, 3 years after she was ousted by those lovely people in the Tory party

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Has anyone on here thought about changing the way they voted now that we have had all this sh1t thrown at us are has it made you more pro the way you voted?

I'm more pro the way I voted - Out with a no deal now but originally out with some type of deal.
    Personally speaking and I'll be the first to acknowledge I'm not your average punter .

The more people back me in to a corner then the more I will fight them .

The EU have managed to back us in to a corner , I dislike the EU today more than I did in 2016 .

Staying in this thing would boil my blood the way it's worked out .

Hell would freeze over before I would vote Remain speaking in the moment .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 09-12-2018 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Didn't become EU tilll 93, 3 years after she was ousted by those lovely people in the Tory party
    Lovely Europhiles.

Whose idea was the Poll Tax too? Europhile Fatty Patty.

They set a trap and she fell in it.

And then chose another Europhile, Major to follow her.

Not always the best judge of character.

Shame the IRA didn't manage it in 84 instead of ending Tebbits s-ex life instead .

Harsh !!

I was there and lived through it before the snow flakes want to take me to task .

May must get "deal"that majority of the country voted for,in the biggest turnout of voters ever and that means a PROPER Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    May must get "deal"that majority of the country voted for,in the biggest turnout of voters ever and that means a PROPER Brexit.
    Good luck with that Bill .

"so lack the Immigration focus that many have as a driver for the leave vote."

Agree with your sentiments rp but you should not make such assumptions a la KA as you are not privvy to that information on reasons for voting one way or another

I did make that point reservedly. But I can only go from my own experience of talking to normal working people down here in East London and many people I've spoken to in Rotherham over the last few years. Those conclusions may be wrong but it is based on quite a lot of talking with quite a lot of folk in the two towns recently.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I do know one person who voted Remain who thinks we should leave, because he respects democracy unlike many, possibly most Remainers.

Don't know anyone else who's changed their mind.

Polls apparently say many leavers now want to stay which wouldn't be a surprise after 2 years of non-stop anti-Brexit scare stories from the media.
    I'll say this again, to all the leave voters who try to temper the leave campaign's incompetence by slating the remain side as 'project fear'......every economic model shows that any form of brexit will be bad for the UK, that's not 'project fear', that's absolute fact, you were told this during the campaign but readily gobbled up the leave campaign's bullshyte......

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I fear it is you who is being a wee bit sensitive. I've done nothing but try to help you out on this thread - allowing you to navigate between withdrawal deals and transition periods etc. I wasn't sniping (ok, I did take the mickey out of animal and his rather fluid opinions, but he likes it really). I was making a serious point about the depth of division within the Labour Party.

Suppose the Labour Party moves a vote of no confidence next week and the DUP MPs have a rush of blood and decide to support them despite the Republican sympathies of the Labour leadership. A GE campaign would be carnage as Labour tried to settle on a policy; Starmer would be at McDonnells throat, Exile at yours and poor old Jez would be torn by conflicting instructions from you boys at Momentum, who want a further referendum and Len McCluskey, who doesn't.

You surely can't want that.

Disagreeing with someone isn't always being "at their throat".

And it's a bit rich accusing someone else of having fluid opinions when you can't even work out your own preference for what you want to happen after May's defeat??? Flippety flop...

Agree that Labour would have big issues to face in pulling together however. But, and this is crucial, I don't think that internally there are historically dogmatic opinions that would not be up for compromise for the greater good of what Labour is about, and what the country desperately needs. I think that they would pull together for a consensus over that. Corbyn, as a historical Leaver, now knowing that he democratically leads a party whose members are predominantly Remainers is the best case in point.

The Europhile Tories are willing to tear the country apart for their beliefs. Labour don't have that level of obsession with the EU, as shown when Corbyn, in last week's PMQ focused on domestic issues when he could have obsessed on May's struggles. Agree that they would face the same issue in resolving the whole nightmare with a deal and their meetings to establish their manifesto would be interesting!

Page 60 of 349 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast