+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 349 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Yes it was labour who left us in this mess in the first place and the small matter of a world recession didn't help.
    Nevertheless Cameron and May, love them or loathe them, are the ones who,ve been getting us out of the mire that labour presided over.
    Corbyn is another kinnock.....unelectable by the voting public.
    For labour to become a credible opposition they need to get their own house in order an have some consistency within their own ranks.
    Just think where we would be if labour had negotiated our exit........
    To be fair to Labour they have an outstanding shadow brexit secretary , probably the best man in the whole of the UK for the job , shame he's in opposition .

Agree about Corbyn , despite my attempts to state the bleedin obvious to people within my circle such as we can't win an election with a majority despite the worst tory government in history my view is criticised as disloyal .

If your not with us then you must be against us it seems .

As I stated earlier Corbyn's done a remarkable job to bring the party to resemble what it was historically founded to do but if enough of the electorate simply don't like him then it's flawed isn't it .

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Just to break you back into reality, take a look at the poverty figures, that's Theresa May...

Take a look at the homeless figures, thats Theresa May...

Take a look at universal credit, that's Theresa May.....

Take a look at the NHS, thats Theresa May...

Take a look at the schools, thats Theresa May....

Take a look at the state of the country....that's the whole lot of the tories....
    Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Nothing to do with there being 'no money left' as per the note left by Labour's Chief Secretary to the Treasury, Liam Byrne, when that party left office in 2010?

I don't think anyone could claim that the country is where we would all like it to be, but putting Labour into power to pursue it's current job and wealth destroying policies is hardly a sensible solution.
    You plainly support the tory party, your support has created a massive crisis in all of the above, you're responsible for that, and if you're happy with that then it shows you for what you are really, just take a step back and take a proper look at the country, take the blue tinted specs off, you're absolutely in a massive delusional bubble with blinkers on.....

So to be clear, you are saying that the fact that there was no money in 2010 when the coalition took over had no bearing on the woes that you describe?

Remind me who is wearing the blinkers...

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I was interviewed by the Limousin Maison de Europe 3 years ago, I said then and I'll repeat it on here. This is going to be a European political excersize and Brixit won't happen!!!
    And the far right will grow ever further as a consequence unfortunately .

Rock and a very hard place is the UK at the moment .

How did it ever get to this for historically a pretty stable country ? , stable in relation to many others at least that is .

My Polish mate back in his homeland can't believe what's going on as per a conversation last night .

" ha ha , your fecked englishman , emigrate to Poland " .

The beer and sausages are outstanding , hmmm !!!

:-) :-) :-)

So, to be clear about this talk of 'labour left us in this mess'

The then governor of the bank of England, Mervyn King, stated it wasn't the labour party's fault, going closer to home for the tories on here, even Geoge Osborne stated recently it wasn't the labour party's fault, it was created by a global crisis created by the greed of the banking system, convenient for you i know to pin it anywehere else, but please accept the truth and be honest for a change eh?

So, to be clear about this talk of 'labour left us in this mess'

The then governor of the bank of England, Mervyn King, stated it wasn't the labour party's fault, going closer to home for the tories on here, even Geoge Osborne stated recently it wasn't the labour party's fault, it was created by a global crisis created by the greed of the banking system, convenient for you i know to pin it anywehere else, but please accept the truth and be honest for a change eh?
    You'll struggle to find a post where I have said that the financial crash was the Labour Party's 'fault', but you will find several where
    I have said that I think the Brown government reacted well to it.

'Fault' is not the point.

The point is that when the coalition took over there was no money . That wasn't the 'fault' of the coalition government; it was a reality in which they had to operate.

And allowing Corbyn and his chums to destroy jobs and wealth is not the answer as we will once again be left in a position where there is no money .

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    You'll struggle to find a post where I have said that the financial crash was the Labour Party's 'fault', but you will find several where
    I have said that I think the Brown government reacted well to it.

'Fault' is not the point.

The point is that when the coalition took over there was no money . That wasn't the 'fault' of the coalition government; it was a reality in which they had to operate.

And allowing Corbyn and his chums to destroy jobs and wealth is not the answer as we will once again be left in a position where there is no money .
    "THERE WAS NO MONEY"....i find this ever so interesting a statement, because this gov't, and the previous coalition gov't, has borrowed more money than the whole lot of the labour gov't's combined.....FACT, the country's debt has more than doubled.....FACT...we're talking about the party of fiscal responsibility here arent we?? what an absolute joke of a party, "THERE'S NO MONEY" yet the party of fiscal responsibilty....your party, managed to find more than a billion to prop itself up in gov't.....

Continually harping on about Corbyn is a bit pathetic to be honest, it's time for change, and because Corbyn would ruin the love-in of the higher earners and the elite he's getting heap loads of shyte, the establishment is scared to death, and has continually since his election victory, tried to smear and discredit him.....he hasn't batted an eyelid...

The facts are that you're happy with the status quo, poverty doesn't affect you, you're alright, jack, but it absolutely affects millions of people in this country, it's a crying shame that we're now as selfish a nation as we have ever been...

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    And the far right will grow ever further as a consequence unfortunately .

Rock and a very hard place is the UK at the moment .

How did it ever get to this for historically a pretty stable country ? , stable in relation to many others at least that is .

My Polish mate back in his homeland can't believe what's going on as per a conversation last night .

" ha ha , your fecked englishman , emigrate to Poland " .

The beer and sausages are outstanding , hmmm !!!

:-) :-) :-)
    I am meeting with a French historin later today. It will be interesting to see what he thinks of the situation.

Whilst at the physiotherapy clinic for four months the oerwhelming condemnation is of most parties and this includes the European leaders in their treatment towards Teresa May.

She has been in an imposible position from day one and whilst her biggest critiques have stood back and been very vocal about what she's being able to get the true nature of the subject is that she's been very lucky to get anything at all.She could never win!
    In fact the only time the Europeans have been happy with anything is when there has been a chance to get another lot of £bns from Britain through the extensions and posible further extensions..

Britain leaving the Eurpean market was never going to be allowed to happen with a good deal because the EU feared that the break up of the European collective was going to happen shortly after.

That was true then and is true now!

I don,t know why there are all these discussions in Brussels when all the answers can be found on here and as for animal having a reasonable point of view-well he ought to know better.

"THERE WAS NO MONEY"....i find this ever so interesting a statement, because this gov't, and the previous coalition gov't, has borrowed more money than the whole lot of the labour gov't's combined.....FACT, the country's debt has more than doubled.....FACT...we're talking about the party of fiscal responsibility here arent we?? what an absolute joke of a party, "THERE'S NO MONEY" yet the party of fiscal responsibilty....your party, managed to find more than a billion to prop itself up in gov't.....

Continually harping on about Corbyn is a bit pathetic to be honest, it's time for change, and because Corbyn would ruin the love-in of the higher earners and the elite he's getting heap loads of shyte, the establishment is scared to death, and has continually since his election victory, tried to smear and discredit him.....he hasn't batted an eyelid...

The facts are that you're happy with the status quo, poverty doesn't affect you, you're alright, jack, but it absolutely affects millions of people in this country, it's a crying shame that we're now as selfish a nation as we have ever been...
    Ok - you don't like the fact that the coalition and then the Tories alone continued to run a budget deficit after 2010.

What additional cuts would you have made to prevent that? Close the NHS? Disband the armed forces? Stop paying pensions? How would you have addressed the post crash reality that Labour handed over in 2010?

I mention Corbyn, because you support his party in its attempts to gain power. You justify that by saying it's time for change. What you have to bear in mind is that it was the same desire for change that put Trump into power and, to get the thread back on topic, helped to deliver a Leave vote.

Me, I look at what 'change' is being proposed and the large scale destruction of jobs and wealth that Corbyn is offering isn't the 'change' that I want.

Page 12 of 349 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast