+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 142 of 349 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    I can't teach the blinkered uneducated.
    Why not try.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    The point is, however, that people voted to leave, not for the half-assed zombie Norway like quasi membership that you favour.
    Can you show me exactly what evidence you have to show for the kind of Brexit 'people' voted for? Please explain the evidence in which you build the case that the majority of the country (48%of whom voted against Brexit + however many leavers want a deal that protects the economy) ) favour the kind of deal May is trying to bully through?

I look forward to your evidence based rationale.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    And still no one has been able to articulate what those opportunities those are.
    We are in this mess because of people like you and politicians like you who haven't exsepted the result. You slung your toys out of the pram instead of getting behind brexit. Speak with one voice and speak from a stronger position

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    We are in this mess because of people like you and politicians like you who haven't exsepted the result. You slung your toys out of the pram instead of getting behind brexit. Speak with one voice and speak from a stronger position
    you couldn't make it up.....

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    you couldn't make it up.....
    You must be a remainer fella

There's truth in that priciple. Do you think our politicians should have come together right at the start to define a common position to take to the EU? It's not too late, shouldn't they do it now?

Or do you mean, like Kerr, that you should arrive at your own definition of what Brexit means, your own assumption of what people voted for, and then attempt to bully the rest of the people into accepting your definition and then call that speaking with one voice?

Hard Brexit is nationally a minority viewpoint. We should be going for a Brexit that speaks for the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    There's truth in that priciple. Do you think our politicians should have come together right at the start to define a common position to take to the EU? It's not too late, shouldn't they do it now?

Or do you mean, like Kerr, that you should arrive at your own definition of what Brexit means, your own assumption of what people voted for, and then attempt to bully the rest of the people into accepting your definition and then call that speaking with one voice?

Hard Brexit is nationally a minority viewpoint. We should be going for a Brexit that speaks for the majority.
    Yes all politician's should have come together at the start and it's only my opinion but we could have got a better deal then the one on offer. I wanted a hard brexit at the time of the brexit result and maybe the EU would have listened if we spoke has one nation. The result was to leave the EU not leave with one foot in the door. I'll settle now for a brexit that speaks for the majority. I don't believe the EU has much life left in it anyway

Yes all politician's should have come together at the start and it's only my opinion but we could have got a better deal then the one on offer. I wanted a hard brexit at the time of the brexit result and maybe the EU would have listened if we spoke has one nation. The result was to leave the EU not leave with one foot in the door. I'll settle now for a brexit that speaks for the majority. I don't believe the EU has much life left in it anyway
    Here is the problem. There is no single idea of what Brexit entails. There was never a plan from the outset. Its been made up as we went along. There is no manifesto detailing what we ahould support. At best its an ideological idea of people that want to get out of the EU. There is nothing for me to support.

You say you want a hard brexit. That means leave to trade under wto rules. Yet, the official Leave Party campaigned that we should leave with a 'free trade deal'. It is still on their web site.

I do international trade and can see WTO rules is a bun fight. It will do serious finacial damage every UK company imports from the EU. I cannot support it. What do you want me to say?

So what is the plan? The leave vote is split at best - what is the majority thought?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Here is the problem. There is no single idea of what Brexit entails. There was never a plan from the outset. Its been made up as we went along. There is no manifesto detailing what we ahould support. At best its an ideological idea of people that want to get out of the EU. There is nothing for me to support.

You say you want a hard brexit. That means leave to trade under wto rules. Yet, the official Leave Party campaigned that we should leave with a 'free trade deal'. It is still on their web site.

I do international trade and can see WTO rules is a bun fight. It will do serious finacial damage every UK company imports from the EU. I cannot support it. What do you want me to say?

So what is the plan? The leave vote is split at best - what is the majority thought?
    That's what I'm trying to say - get a majority thought by getting our leaders together and finding a common ground that can unite parliament. May ignored Labour for 2 years, invited Corbyn and whomever to talk when she ran up on the rocks a few weeks ago, Corbyn then stupidly refused to talk to May for 2 weeks causing everyone to blame Corbyn for being stubborn (2 weeks v 2 years wtf!?!) - now finally they speak. But she has to ignore the hard line minority of her party and get back to the table. Form a majority consensus to leave the EU with as little damage as possible.

Happy to make significant concessions to May. Just get talking and change the ****ing direction before we hit the rocks.

Stovicmiller and Millerbill. I dont mind you having a pop at me personally. Although Id prefer a proper discussion (more than just the majority has spoken).

Rees Mogg, Dyson and Lord Bamford (JC, like you, all support a hard brexit to trade under WTO rules.

Yet they strategically relocated their businesses outside the UK to avoid Britain in the event of a hard brexit. Their move was designed to maintain international trade and duty free access to EU markets. Many other multi nationals will do the same.

These guys are actively deserting Britain. Why not aim your anger at them?

I posted up 30 banks and 25 Insurance companies that has done the exact same. There are many more.

You ever considered asking the question why? Why are these companies moving?

Page 142 of 349 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast