+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 349 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I know what you mean. I import from 4 different countries. You can continue trying to explain but really dont think you understand how the market works. I wont try to explain.
    I negotiated contracts for over 30 years (exports and imports). I can only assume I didn't know what I was doing, oh dear!

I know what you mean. I import from 4 different countries. You can continue trying to explain but really dont think you understand how the market works. I wont try to explain.
    I provide Import/export finance for clients to 49 countries, its no more difficult whether we are in the EU or not, goods from China pass through customs in 6 seconds and I dont believe China have joined the EU

Oh ey. And why might we need every penny? Is this an admission that brexit will be a total financial disaster for the UK economy? What about Farage and Johnsons assertion we are going global and brexit is a fantastic opportunity for this country?
    Wrong...The EU is a nationalistic project (unification of currencies) based on big business creating on oligopoly economy, free trade always works in a more positive way.

Indeed. But bad news for importers - particularly those that import component parts for their manufacturing processes (I understand 68% of imports from the EU is for this reason) and goods that are passed straight on to consumers in this country.
    Except for those who import from outside the EU in which case theres no change

Miller Bill said he only dealt it fact. What you said here is brexit fantasy.
    Another Remainer who knows nothing about the EU.

Can you give me an example of EU legislation created by the EU parliament then?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I negotiated contracts for over 30 years (exports and imports). I can only assume I didn't know what I was doing, oh dear!
    Oh dear indeed. I can only go by what you said on here.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Another Remainer who knows nothing about the EU.

Can you give me an example of EU legislation created by the EU parliament then?
    This is not what I said. My comment was legislation needs to be ratified by 2 houses (Parliament and Council - together with how these bodies are elected). That in my book is how a democratic process works.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Except for those who import from outside the EU in which case theres no change
    Not sure what are you saying here. That the dip in the pound doesnt effect those trading outside the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I provide Import/export finance for clients to 49 countries, its no more difficult whether we are in the EU or not, goods from China pass through customs in 6 seconds and I dont believe China have joined the EU
    Yes absolutely true. I trade with China. We do not need to leave the Customs Union to trade with China, or any other country for that matter. Dyson and JCB, famous brexiteer both trade with around 140 different countries.

Wanchai. Just out of interest do you live and work in Hong Kong ?

Page 67 of 349 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast