+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 171 of 349 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Thatcher became increasingly detached from the main stream of the Conservative Party and made a lot of enemies within both wings of the Party of that time.

That certainly sounds familiar.

I have previously put Dominic Raab forward as May's replacement. That is still possible, but Gove is now more likely or Andrea Leadsom if you fancy a punt with longer odds.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Thatcher became increasingly detached from the main stream of the Conservative Party and made a lot of enemies within both wings of the Party of that time.

I have previously put Dominic Raab forward as May's replacement. That is still possible, but Gove is now more likely or Andrea Leadsom if you fancy a punt with longer odds.
    You really need to have a serious look at Raab & his floundering on many many issues before you put his name forward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ynpIUTRftM

Raab resigned as Brexit Secretary on 15 November 2018, in opposition to the Draft Withdrawal Agreement which he negotiated with the EU.
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 27-03-2019 at 06:37 PM.

I see that Labour are whipping their MPs in the indicative votes.

Where does that do for the legitimacy of the process when a significant number of MPs are being told which options to support?
    Yep stupid.

Chris Grayling should get it. Then we can be sure the madness will continue 😉.

I would leave the country. Hopefully, whoever gets the gig will exile him to the back benches.

I would leave the country. Hopefully, whoever gets the gig will exile him to the back benches.
    Under those conditions he gets my vote but you wouldn't stand by your word. You'd be our very own JRM or BoJo

Any more for the Skylark?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 27-03-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Under those conditions he gets my vote but you wouldn't stand by your word. You'd be our very own JRM or BoJo

Any more for the Skylark?
    Customs union and 2nd vote are the most popular options. Leaves the way clear for May to score on her deal with those being the most popular alternatives. Can she get it over the line?

**** knows!

Otherwise at least we have an idea of the most popular options in the house and can build on those on Monday. Maybe throw on May's deal amongst these two and see which comes out on top?

To not now vote through May's deal (soft as it is) would be a dereliction of duty to the electorate and a signal for the frightening and destructive anarchy that would surely follow.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Customs union and 2nd vote are the most popular options. Leaves the way clear for May to score on her deal with those being the most popular alternatives. Can she get it over the line?

**** knows!

Otherwise at least we have an idea of the most popular options in the house and can build on those on Monday. Maybe throw on May's deal amongst these two and see which comes out on top?
    So two options that Labour was whipping for came out on top.

There's a surprise.

Most popular doesn't matter. Unless there is a parliamentary majority for any option it will not be possible to get the necessary legislation through.

No deal is the default option and does not require a majority.

So by definition parliament have voted down every which way possible it is to leave the EU despite a referendum result that told them differently ......... or am I missing something here ??

Page 171 of 349 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast