+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 146 of 349 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    The amazing thing is that she didn't know about the rule, her advisers didn't know about the rule and the Opposition didn't know about the rule.
    An absolute disgrace the lot of them 😡
    Even more disgraceful is that there isn’t an unbiased Speaker in the house.

Whatever election comes in the future a lot of people are going to think “what’s the point of voting” ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Even more disgraceful is that there isn’t an unbiased Speaker in the house.

Whatever election comes in the future a lot of people are going to think “what’s the point of voting” ?
    My thoughts exactly Grist , the political system is broken in this country and it's going to take something extraordinary to mend it .

That said even though I'm a leaver I think Bercow is a fine speaker and does a remarkable job keeping that collection of snakes , rats , democracy deniers , liars and self servers in their place .

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47614074

Well it looks like she can't pedal the same old rubbish now and bully people into voting for her same old idiotic version of brexit.

Looks like either we will come out with no deal on the 29th or get a long extension to sort it all out. I would think the short extension would be ruled out now cos we ain't got a plan B in sight.
    It's not a significant problem for the government. If there were a majority in Parliament for the deal, that same majority could pass primary legislation to revoke the rule that Bercow is relying upon. The bigger problem for them is that it looks unlikely that there will be a majority for the deal.

The EU might well agree to a short extension for the UK to come up with new proposals or to prepare for no deal facilitated by a number of mini deals. A long extension is less likely both because the EU wants to move on and is not going to write a blank cheque and because it is questionable whether there would be a Parliamentary majority for one.

We are close to the point where Parliament is going to accept the reality of their previous decisions which make no deal the default position.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    The amazing thing is that she didn't know about the rule, her advisers didn't know about the rule and the Opposition didn't know about the rule.
    An absolute disgrace the lot of them ��
    It's not surprising given that the UK does not have a written constitution and relies, instead, upon a myriad of archaic conventions and unwritten rules. For all his attempt at face saving comments, Bercow didn't seem to know about the rule given that he allowed meaningful vote 2.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Strange how in 1975 we had made all these preparations in case people voted to leave yet this time they'd made hardly any preparations at all.

Almost like they never intended to honour the vote should Leave win.
    How much time and money do you think should have been spent before the referendum, given that there would be a minimum of two years between the vote and exit? And what preparations do you think could be made given that the EU would not be able to negotiate until Article 50 was triggered?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    My thoughts exactly Grist , the political system is broken in this country and it's going to take something extraordinary to mend it .

That said even though I'm a leaver I think Bercow is a fine speaker and does a remarkable job keeping that collection of snakes , rats , democracy deniers , liars and self servers in their place .
    Given your support for the 1985 miners strike, it always makes me smile when you talk about democracy denying.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    How much time and money do you think should have been spent before the referendum, given that there would be a minimum of two years between the vote and exit? And what preparations do you think could be made given that the EU would not be able to negotiate until Article 50 was triggered?
    You may have a point, back then it was just a customs unions and easier to leave.

Now we're deeply embedded in a European federal "project" and can't get out.

But those Remainers who think we're safer in the EU than out, we're not, another crisis like 2008 could finish the EU off, there's as many risks staying as there are leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Given your support for the 1985 miners strike, it always makes me smile when you talk about democracy denying.
    Your obsession with Animal is quite disturbing
    Don't you agree Wrinkly?

Mods, can we shut this 'political' thread down please.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Mods, can we shut this 'political' thread down please.
    Much as we may be sick of the subject we can't ignore it.

Page 146 of 349 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast