+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 66 of 349 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Yes, I'm sure about that.

Can I just check that you understand that Labour's six bullet point plan includes a commitment to remaining in the Single Market and that the Single Market includes the four freedoms? In other words, you are suggesting that the EU would make concessions on the fundamental principles upon which it is based. You are saying that they would rip up Lisbon and Maastricht. Where would that leave other countries in the EU who don't like freedom of movement?

This is the problem; you don't like the deal on the table and so you choose to believe that a deal that you would like is available. That's what MPs are doing and that's why Parliament is now playing a game of chicken with no deal approaching fast (because that is the only outcome that doesn't need Parliamentary approval).

I could be wrong. Why don't you write to your MP and suggest that a Labour delegation go to the EU negotiating team to ask whether they would give a Labour government a deal where we get all the benefits of membership with none of the costs and obligations that go with it. A Labour Party that achieved that would be swept to power on a landslide.
    Yep, I do understand that. But my statement is not suggesting that we remain in the SM and CU, but that we have a deal that aligns with it, that takes in some benefits but obviously makes some concessions. In return, we ask for concessions from them on FoM and ECJ. You seem very reluctant to admit that the EU would budge, bearing in mind that you have spent the last week trying to sell May’s deal to everyone on here based on the generous deal that the EU had offered us! Maybe they would offer us similarly generous terms on a deal that favoured them more than May’s deal?

Haven’t you noticed that Corbyn has had talks with the EU negotiating team. But you are (deliberately I think) reducing this position to us asking for “all the benefits of membership with none of the costs and obligations”. That is clearly not what I am saying – I’m asking that we negotiate for some of the benefits at the expense of some of the obligations. Absolutely this would not please the No Deal Brexiteers but we both know that no deal is possible that will do so. They’re going to take to the streets at anything barring a No deal.

No, I don’t like the deal on the table but I would accept it if it came to that v No Deal. But I think that it is still possible to negotiate better but the only chance of getting a deal through the commons is to go in the direction I’ve stated. Can you think of another deal that might get through? Please suggest it as no one here can seem to see it.

Of course, this is a long shot but at least it’s a possibility. Whether we do go down this route or agree (out of fatigue and boredom) that May’s deal + re-wording of a couple of sentences is the best that we can get, then I guess we have to then put that to the people with Exit on WTO v The Deal and let the public decide once and for all. Can you think of anything fairer and less damaging to the economy?

Labour could use the money to pay three and a half years of the tution fee bribe
    Lol. Nice back pass to the keeper. The keeper could have picked it up back in the 70s when Heaths government ruined the economy forcing Wilson to go cap in hand to the IMF for a loan later that decade.

Sad that some people are still playing party politics in a situation like this.

Wan you should look at the inflation figures for when Labour was in power in the 70s, to no surprise of anyone but you their handling of the economy was worse than the Conservatives.
    Last edited by great_fire; 11-12-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Ok. Here is one fact you are peddling and its pretty fundemental.

You imply bureaucrats can pass legislation and that the EU is an undemocratic dictatorship.

This is simply not true. All legislation has to pass through 2 houses, the Parliament (fully elected by citizens of member states) and the Council (members nominated by the government of each country).
    Legislation comes from the Commission and is merely rubber-stamped by the parliament which has no power to create legislation and is not a true parliament at all.

Lets not pretend the EU is democratic. They see that sort of thing as old-fashioned and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Sad that some people are still playing party politics in a situation like this.

Wan you should look at the inflation figures for when Labour was in power in the 70s, to no surprise of anyone but you their handling of the economy was worse than the Conservatives.
    So, you say people should stop playing party politics with this, then state some claptrap about the labour party's handling of the economy in the 1970's....some boy you are....

Please keep up, or at least stop with the bull on threads where you're easily found out....

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...on-the-economy

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Legislation comes from the Commission and is merely rubber-stamped by the parliament which has no power to create legislation and is not a true parliament at all.

Lets not pretend the EU is democratic. They see that sort of thing as old-fashioned and unnecessary.
    Miller Bill said he only dealt it fact. What you said here is brexit fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Lol. Another example of total brexiteer fantasy.

No idea why you think the rest of the world will trade in Sterling to indemnify British companies against FX fluctuation. You will need to explain how this works.
    Erm, I'm talking about UK companies! They should be negotiating import prices in sterling just like French and German importers should be negotiating prices in euros. Hope that's not too difficult for you to understand but if it is I'll happily explain in more detail.

How have I landed a Tory policy? The vote has been pulled primarily because Tory MPs won't support it.

I know Labour's position - all six bullet points. They wish to remain in the CU and Single Market, which in turn means accepting the four freedoms, paying into the EU budget and the jurisdiction of the EU. In otherwords Brexit in name only. The party has also been moving behind a further referendum as per the extensive debate and fudging at their conference.
    "The party has also been moving behind a further referendum as per the extensive debate and fudging at their conference"

Ah, you don't like democracy at work do you Kerr, just an autocratic party like your own, extensive debate is exactly that,it's a shame you and yourparty can't do the same, we'd be in a much better place right now, pathetic Kerr, pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Erm, I'm talking about UK companies! They should be negotiating import prices in sterling just like French and German importers should be negotiating prices in euros. Hope that's not too difficult for you to understand but if it is I'll happily explain in more detail.
    We import from the EU and also use UK suppliers who manufacture in the EU & import to the UK. Both have lead times of at least 12 weeks.

When using the EU supplier, we enter a forward contract to lock in the exchange rate as soon as receiving the order from our customer. The UK supplier has started inserting a currency fluctuation clause in their terms & conditions to protect them. We cannot always get our customer to accept the same clause so we have the choice of declining the order or accepting the exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I know what you mean. I import from 4 different countries. You can continue trying to explain but really dont think you understand how the market works. I wont try to explain.

Page 66 of 349 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast