+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 349 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Is Norway in the EU MM?
    No they're not because they don't want to be.
    The referendum decided we are in but don't want to be and the EU negotiators aren't going to make it easy for us to leave. If they did, a few other countries would want out too and the whole house of cards would come tumbling down.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Us! Who is us exactly?

We all want different things, and Brexit will deliver some fantastic opportunities for some businesses and will cause massive issues for others (supply chain for example)

The biggest losers will be the super rich not the poor, how the super rich are able to convince people who have nothing that they will have less after Brexit is laughable. No one on here in Whitehall or Brussels will know what the eventual outcome will be as it plays out, the good thing is that we can choose to make it work for the better.

Some people will moan forever, those that excel will get on with it and prosper miserable moaners never succeed in business and never will.
    I think Michael Bloomberg sums Brexit up best for me '“the single stupidest thing any country has ever done”

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I think Michael Bloomberg sums Brexit up best for me '“the single stupidest thing any country has ever done”
    Even stupider than trying to put a poll tax in place?

Michael Bloomberg obviously doesn’t have a clue about history then does he?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    No they're not because they don't want to be.
    The referendum decided we are in but don't want to be and the EU negotiators aren't going to make it easy for us to leave. If they did, a few other countries would want out too and the whole house of cards would come tumbling down.
    Agree with that. But Norway is allowed a customs agreement but only on grounds that it accepts key concessions. I think that labor would go for this type of agreement with key concessions on free movement and even some ecj, as their priority, as they keep saying, and in response to your question, is to protect jobs. That is what Labour would aim for from what they keep repeatedly saying. Just not sure people are really listening?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    The question was a very simple one though and Wanchai is blaming me for the mess that politicians have caused.
    It the will of the people apparently. Take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    None of that is likely to be achievable though because the EU mandarins simply won't agree to a "customs union arrangement very similar to the existing one." Why should they?
    Stopping free movement was supposedly one of the main things the Brexiteers (many of whom were in Labour strongholds) voted for. Can you imagine the reaction if Labour let that one go.
    If it's not rocket science to understand what the Labour policy is then why can't the leader and Brexit secretary agree?
    To be honest MM i think the labour party has played a blinder, they knew exactly where brexit was heading, exactly how divided the torys are, and they've hedged their bets and watched the torys implode.....i also have a sneaky suspicion that Corbyn has an ulterior motive re brexit, he has a long standing anti EU tradition, and if we remain in the EU then the rules basically prevent nationalisation on the scale Corbyn is promoting, so he gets two things without batting an eyelid, he watches the tories implode as an entity, and he also gets to impliment his policies (if elected of course)

It the will of the people apparently. Take responsibility.
    What’s the will of the people? Leaving? That’s the problem here isn’t it because we aren’t!!

What’s the will of the people? Leaving? That’s the problem here isn’t it because we aren’t!!
    Quite, but as i said earlier on in this thread, for such a massive question the margin for victory should have been a two thirds majority, if it had been a leave vote with two thirds then that is that, unequivocal....

Aren't we? If we go ahead with May's deal, will we still be members of the EU?

That's the problem, we can't agree on what Leave actually means.

Page 16 of 349 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast