+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 349 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    The 6 tests are stupid and don’t hold water, child’s play...can’t believe people buy this badge regardless of politicalical persuation these people are classed as junk in finance circles
    The 6 tests are all based on promises made by Conservative politicians as part of the leave campaign. Are you saying that those Conservative/Leave promises are stupid?

And please answer 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    The 6 tests are all based on promises made by Conservative politicians as part of the leave campaign. Are you saying that those Conservative/Leave promises are stupid?

And please answer 2 and 3.
    The 6 tests are for 6 year olds idiots ,.....get a life and bin Corbyn who hates me, which is good because I’m your future

The 6 tests are for 6 year olds idiots
    Haha, quite ironic...

The 6 tests are for 6 year olds idiots ,.....get a life and bin Corbyn who hates me, which is good because I’m your future
    But your leaders, from your party, made the promises on which the 6 tests are based. I repeat:

1. Don't you thinkthat a basic function of an effective opposition is to hold the government to account for promises made to its electorate?

2. What exactly do you want labour to say?

3. Why do you want Labour to say what you want them to say? How will it help you/us in Brexit proceedings as the government proceed in their direction?

If you can't answer them, why are the answers so difficult for you?

Our politicians are bad but at least we can vote them out, unlike the functionaries who run the EU and make most of our laws at present.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Our politicians are bad but at least we can vote them out, unlike the functionaries who run the EU and make most of our laws at present.
    Fair point Fire.

But don't you think it a bit weird, referring to my earlier post, that the Mail, Express and Sun, your allies in the cause for a hard Brexit or no deal are suddenly arguing for you to get behind May's deal? Why is that so you think? All of sudden? Has something happened behind the scenes?

Are the politicians really running the show?

So that's another £50bn the taxpayer is going to have to find then .

Which is why I voted leave fire .

So the people aren't qualified, our politicians aren't qualified and the only people who are the Barnier and Drunken Juncker and we should just listen to them and do what they say, because they're the experts on what's good for us.

It it had stayed a trading bloc, as the EEC was we wouldn't be having these problems but these globalist politicians and leaders always want to take it further and further, a Federal Europe, expansion into the Middle East and Northern Africa, eventually a World Government.

An incidentally we should have had a referendum before Maastricht, giving away powers like that was actually illegal under our constitution, legally we are not even in the EU anyway.
    No the people aren't qualified fire , we had a vote to a YES or NO question how does that cover the complexities of the process ?

You know as well as I do that it doesn't .

The situation today is due to a huge number of events , the fall of the Berlin wall , the desire to create a super state , previous referendums by other nations ignored by the EU , the creation of the EU , we are an island nation who don't really see ourselves as European , the flood of migrants from Eastern Europe , the benefit to business to keep wages low , landlords offering second rate properties to migrants and still collect top dollar , NHS under funded , the surplus to the economy , good school places at a premium , eurosceptics in the tory party , Cameron can't get any concessions , austerity , the collapse of the banks , change of governments , poverty , race to the bottom jobs , UKIP , Nigel Farage , Polish Plumbers , Romanian holiday benefit claimants , £350 million to the NHS , that poster of migrants , taking back control , the treatment of Greece , Angela Merkel , working time directive , the European Court Of Human Rights , throwing good fish back in to the sea , 45 regulations on a 13 amp plug .

I could go on , but does the above suggest the vote was a simple YES or NO ??

MMM is right it was a two thirds gig whether you liked it or not .

52% v 48% and we are divided in every which way possible , no shyte sherlock , Dennis Skinner and Rees Mogg are leave buddies !!!

Fuq me , no wonder it's gone tyts up .

As an ex union rep the no win situation was the person who sacked himself , management had all the cards and a few crumbs were your best friend and the only thig your member could hope for .

Pretty much the EU s position in all of this , they held the cards , we sacked ourselves .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 17-11-2018 at 01:56 AM.

This is from the Vote Leave website pre referendum. The committee for the group included Gove, Johnson, Leadsom, Raab, Duncan Smith and Fox.

The main message stated
    '....We should negotiate a new UK-EU deal based on free trade and friendly cooperation. We end the supremacy of EU law. We regain control. We stop sending £350 million every week to Brussels and instead spend it on our priorities, like the NHS and science research.'

The is no hint we would bomb out of the EU with no deal and revert to WTO tariffs.

Page 18 of 349 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast