+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 349 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Reading this, wouldn't you like the EU to be there to prevent the Corbyn inspired Labour spending spree that you keep saying he has planned?
    To be more accurate, Corbyn and Labour say they are going to have a spending spree. Bribing the parents of middle class university students doesn't come cheap and that is just one item in the shopping basket.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    With respect Biglad, are you not confusing the transition deal (going through the house now) with the final deal (which we have not started negotiating yet).

As I see it (and please someone explain if Im wrong) if the transition deal goes through our parliament and the EU approve it, we are effectively out of the EU (given negotiating the final deal).
    Do you really think that one is not connected to the other?

If the transition deal goes through we can then try to get a final deal that could drag on for years if the EU wanted it to and could potentially end up with us just saying **** it in the end anyway. If it does not go through! Who knows what could happen? The thing is that nothing will be settled whether the transition deal goes through or not.

Bye the way the transition deal going through (if it does) does not mean we are effectively out of the EU it just means that we wont have any say in what happens in the future of the EU while we are trying to get our final deal.
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 21-11-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I know nothing of how to feed and water ponies 5,000 feet underground and wouldn’t dream of telling you how to do this.

Financial expert yes
    Tell yer what though, those ponies made much more sense about financial matters than you ever have on here.....

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    To be more accurate, Corbyn and Labour say they are going to have a spending spree. Bribing the parents of middle class university students doesn't come cheap and that is just one item in the shopping basket.
    change the record Kerr, it really is getting quite tiresome, do you actually think that constantly repeating the same unfounded tripe ....Corbyn this, Corbyn that....1970's......unions......middle class students...... and repeat, actually means owt to anyone.......

etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Tell yer what though, those ponies made much more sense about financial matters than you ever have on here.....
    Talking to ponies (dumb animals) it’s all making sense....

Incidentally, did any of the ponies get elected to the role of area convenor?

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Talking to ponies (dumb animals) it’s all making sense....

Incidentally, did any of the ponies get elected to the role of area convenor?
    Bit of a pony's chomp there gm...too easy...

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Yes, the political agreement refers to working towards a free trade arrangement, but the devil is in the detail and we will find that every EU country has its own ambitions about what should be included in one. As I mentioned earlier, fishing is going to be a particularly hot topic – we’ve got the fish and they want them.

I see no reason why the EU would want a change of negotiating team. They have gone through months of hard negotiations to get to the draft withdrawal arrangement. They don’t want Rees-Mogg, Davis and Johnson on the other side of the table ripping it up. If your reference to a GE refers to a fantasy in which Labour win power, I don’t see why the EU would welcome that. They don’t wear Momentum issued, rose tinted spectacles and can see that Labour is as split as the Tories with the Starmer/McDonnell fault line being particularly likely to break out into open hostilities at some point.

As an aside, I detect that you are something of a Remainer (you’d have to be to favour a Norway type deal). Do you truly feel that Labour would deliver a close relationship with the EU when it is run by Eurosceptics? In light of the desire by some posters to pin the blame for Brexit solely on the Tories, I checked the voting records for the Referendum Bill to confirm my memory that Labour supported it, but also noticed that Corbyn and McDonell were amongst 18 Labour MPs who defied the Labour whip to support a failed attempt to secure a EU exit referendum in 2011. Maybe we shouldn’t be surprised that they are siding with Rees-Mogg and Johnson to get a hard Brexit?
    I voted remain but I think it was mainly out of fear of what the likes of Mogg, Davis et al on the further right of your party would do to employment and environmental rights and standards if free of the EU.

My ideal situation would be a leave on soft brexit Norway-ish terms with the EU, protecting the single market and cu as far as possible to protect the economy but with a labour government under the direction of the last manifesto so that we can improve our rights and protections further than possible under eu legislation. Obviously the ability to negotiate these under our own laws would depend hugely on what compromise we could reach if that ever became a possibility. But that's the ideal!

Next option would be to Remain so we retain eu protections on rights and environments from the nut jobs on the exteme of your party. This would restrict their ability to further erode workers/social/environmental rights as they would so like if they really overthrow May and get their No Deal.

Final option is the May deal but hope that Big Lad's paranoia turns out true and tat the evil eu keep us locked in the customs union and single market until we're all dead.

So, no, I'm not remain, no. Bit more complicated than that.

I voted remain but I think it was mainly out of fear of what the likes of Mogg, Davis et al on the further right of your party would do to employment and environmental rights and standards if free of the EU.

My ideal situation would be a leave on soft brexit Norway-ish terms with the EU, protecting the single market and cu as far as possible to protect the economy but with a labour government under the direction of the last manifesto so that we can improve our rights and protections further than possible under eu legislation. Obviously the ability to negotiate these under our own laws would depend hugely on what compromise we could reach if that ever became a possibility. But that's the ideal!

Next option would be to Remain so we retain eu protections on rights and environments from the nut jobs on the exteme of your party. This would restrict their ability to further erode workers/social/environmental rights as they would so like if they really overthrow May and get their No Deal.

Final option is the May deal but hope that Big Lad's paranoia turns out true and tat the evil eu keep us locked in the customs union and single market until we're all dead.

So, no, I'm not remain, no. Bit more complicated than that.
    Kind of where i'm at, the thing with kerr and gm and any other torys though is this, they're so obsessively focussed on Corbyn and ever so willing to accept the tripe that's been thrown at him in an orchestrated campaign through the media, that they're missing the real enemy, the real enemy is in among their own party, the mogg's and Johnsons and any other ultra right wing loon who care very little for the country at large, let alone it's people, and they really should take a long hard look at what these loons are really after....i won't hold my breath mind you...

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Kind of where i'm at, the thing with kerr and gm and any other torys though is this, they're so obsessively focussed on Corbyn and ever so willing to accept the tripe that's been thrown at him in an orchestrated campaign through the media, that they're missing the real enemy, the real enemy is in among their own party, the mogg's and Johnsons and any other ultra right wing loon who care very little for the country at large, let alone it's people, and they really should take a long hard look at what these loons are really after....i won't hold my breath mind you...
    Bottom line with them is I'm afraid that whilst they speak of social concern with their fear of a Labour inspired economic crash, the real concern is that they own quite a few divvies...

Bottom line with them is I'm afraid that whilst they speak of social concern with their fear of a Labour inspired economic crash, the real concern is that they own quite a few divvies...
    Exactly.....they couldn't give two shytes about poverty, otherwise they'd be up in arms right now.....

Page 35 of 349 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast