+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jokanovic and Ranieri

Jokanovic and Ranieri

Well, the "hero to zero" concept steps up again!
    Ranieri must see the irony in this.
    If we lose three in a row, we will be bringing Mick McCarthy in!

To be fair, the guys spent 100m quid on a squad that already has some highly rated players, and their results are abysmal.. If it was Rovers, I'd want him replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    To be fair, the guys spent 100m quid on a squad that already has some highly rated players, and their results are abysmal.. If it was Rovers, I'd want him replaced.

I love this story!!
    It proves what a fantastic manager we have. You don't win promotion with one side, then buy a whole other squad. Then ....drop your whole squad that got you there in the first place.
    It loses the dressing room, half the players wont want to fight for him. As he dropped them. The other half know they don't need to fight to stay in the team. They are expensive signings (Fulham spent more money than any promoted side ever) and they know that. If they go down, they are all on huge money.
    The likes of Cairney wont fight, because he fought to go up. Then once that happened, he got benched.

Mowbray has class, but more importantly, is a far better manager. He knows you cant destroy a whole dressing room. You don't do what this clown did. You show faith to the guys who dug in. Smallwood, Bennett, Graham, Williams etc .....the more faith you out in them, the more they improve and the more they fight.
    And the new lads coming in, have to be extra special and motivated to get into the side.

Kasey Palmer expected to come here, and walk in our side. He learnt very quickly, if you don't work incredibly hard, you are benched. No matter what natural ability you have. He is now putting in 100% and looking a better player for it.

Some baulked at the price we paid for Brereton. They didn't have the foresight to see how TM improves players. Give the lad a while to settle in, he will flourish. Which is exactly what is happening.

We run a proper football club now. we buy the right sorts of players who will come and fit into what we expect. If they don't, they are benched until they learn.

Which is why its important we go up at the right time, and not early. Going up this season would end in disaster. Hence we are looking to build over time. And do it the right way.

Of course everyone on BRFC's will want us to do EXCATLY what Fulham did. Because they don't understnad how football works. Most will go most weeks, they have probably been going for years. That doesn't stop them being clueless.

I know guys like McCarthy exist. And he does a job with what he has.
    But someone like him, doesn't leave your club stronger than he found it.
    He doesn't bring on good young players.
    Footballers don't improve under him.
    He is an example of short-termism in football.
    You are screwed, you bring him in. He keeps you up. That's it.

Its Sam Allardyce all over. You don't move forwards as a club. You tread water at best.
    If Allardyce took over tomorrow, I would not spend my money going anymore. I have no interest, and would lose all my passion overnight. And I'm being serious.

Crowds dropped terribly last time he was here.

If you are a club like us, you cant afford to employ a Mick MacCarthy as you go backwards. Unless things go terribly wrong, and we find ourselves in the bottom 3 and are going down.

Mick McCarthy isn't capable of coming into a club, sorting it out from the inside out. And improving them on the pitch. And leaving them stronger than he found them. That's way above his skill set.
    Same with the Criminal. He is actually a joke. But if you really screwed, he will come in, save you. Then take you backwards. And refuse to play football.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    It isn't so much that, Saxo. As Champs says, Jovanovic has done a lot wrong this season.
    It's just that it's only months since he was a hero. And who is he being replaced with? Ranieri - who went through exactly the same experience at Leicester.
    Managers, as a breed, are a pain in the neck sometimes, but they must just have about the worst job-security of anyone who isn't on the minimum wage.
    No doubt the contractual compensation will help the financial blow, however!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)