+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Fake Brexit Is Never Brexit

[QUOTE=Yarmbaggie;39064236]Not a fan of May but cant agree with that.

Cameron just took the easy option agreeing to a Brexit vote without fully understanding what the consequences were. At best I think he did it because he was convinced we would vote to remain in the EU and by going to the vote he could at least appease his anti EU backbenchers who were causing him so much grief. Hardly great or strong leadership.

May for all her faults has at least tried to do the impossible which is to agree a Brexit deal with the EU. She was never going to get us a great deal or one that would have support in Parliament. However after the Brexit vote someone had to have a go. Someone who would at least try to agree a deal rather than someone who was just on a collision course with the EU.

For me Cameron is the one who gets far more of the blame than May.[/QUOTE

In hindsight Yarm, I agree with you. Had some sympathy for her today tbh.

I think that despite so many politicians still using Brexit to follow their own agendas and score points etc, any of them who voted in favour of holding the referendum is to blame. It isn’t the Brexiteers, all of them should have had these debates before offering the country a vote. It’s amazing how many are taking the higher ground when these details should have been discussed and put to the country pre vote.

Is it me or does Teresa May look more and more like Ted Heath?

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Watched her this morning speaking in the house for over 2 hours.
    Felt sorry for her and that's coming from a Labour party member, who voted to leave About 10 minutes into her Q and A , she was visablly shaken, she started to stammer her words . At one point i felt worried she might break down or collapse. But to her credit she regained her composure and carried on.
    The nasty party showed their true colours, they are bully's
    You’re having a laugh.

This Labour lot are a vile bunch of Trotsky zealots.

Holicaust deniers,Jew haters,misogynists with the Momentum lot treating the moderate Labour MP’s in an awful way.

Laura Kuensberg the BBC political reporter had to have personal protection at the Labour conference due to threats of violence and worse from Momentum activists.

You live in the past Lloyd and just trot out the old 70’s dogma.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You’re having a laugh.

This Labour lot are a vile bunch of Trotsky zealots.

Holicaust deniers,Jew haters,misogynists with the Momentum lot treating the moderate Labour MP’s in an awful way.

Laura Kuensberg the BBC political reporter had to have personal protection at the Labour conference due to threats of violence and worse from Momentum activists.

You live in the past Lloyd and just trot out the old 70’s dogma.
    I agree with you, my party needs a complete overhaul as do the whole system.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I agree with you, my party needs a complete overhaul as do the whole system.
    A completely new party made up of the best of the moderates from Labour,the odd sensible Liberal MP and the best of the Tory Party is what’s needed.

We need a party that understands business and doesn’t hate business but that has a proper social conscience and sorts out issues over mental health,homelessness,the health service etc and starts looking after our own rather than sending billions abroad will get my vote.

New Labour at its best was so nearly what was needed in my opinion but Blair’s “God Complex” ruined that.

Christ knows where we go from here.

A completely new party made up of the best of the moderates from Labour,the odd sensible Liberal MP and the best of the Tory Party is what’s needed.

We need a party that understands business and doesn’t hate business but that has a proper social conscience and sorts out issues over mental health,homelessness,the health service etc and starts looking after our own rather than sending billions abroad will get my vote.

New Labour at its best was so nearly what was needed in my opinion but Blair’s “God Complex” ruined that.

In my opinion we have joined a growing list of countries across Europe struggling after being let down by politicians of various different parties.

The Greek people, the Italians, the Spanish even the Germans all facing huge problems. Either high austerity, high employment for the young, high immigration. No one seems to be able to sort anything out and maybe that is the problem. Maybe the whole system needs a shake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    In my opinion we have joined a growing list of countries across Europe struggling after being let down by politicians of various different parties.

The Greek people, the Italians, the Spanish even the Germans all facing huge problems. Either high austerity, high employment for the young, high immigration. No one seems to be able to sort anything out and maybe that is the problem. Maybe the whole system needs a shake up.
    You can add The French, Poles, Dutch, Hungarians to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    100% agree. It was an impossible job.

However, her biggest mistake was invoking Art 50 without proper consultation and negotiation with the EU or her own party.
    The whole lot of them are to blame mate. Your correct that these things should have been ironed out beforehand but it should have been done before the decision to allow a refererendum. The EU were never going to discuss it before Article 50 was triggered but domestically parliament should have taken months if necessary to discuss the possible scenarios that could unravel which is why any MP who voted for a public vote is guilty regardless of whether they’re a leaver or remainer. The whole process has been shambolic with all parties still trying to point score amidst the chaos. There’s an old saying that if you don’t like the answer don’t ask the question.

Sadly, Cameron and the establishment were so out of touch and arrogant they misjudged the mood of the people by thinking it was a foregone conclusion.

The answer is another referendum, sadly, it’s not the right way to run the country but that’s where we’ve been taken. Forget the whole sorry mess and stay in the EU as a full member and we’ll all be better off financially. Please don’t bother to argue with me at this time as I’ve just come back from the pub..............! I think the beer was about 6%, therefore I’m argumentative!!!!! Also sleepy! Just agree with me and life will be good. Yes, really! LOL. Even my dog agrees with me!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)