Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
No I don’t recall it being mentioned by leave or remain either. Funny how so many remain MP’s are wise after the event yet none of them thought it worth mentioning in the debates beforehand. I’m mistified why so many of them voted to give the public a vote in the first place also given so many of them are now claiming to have seen this chaos all along.
I think this statement was brushed off as 'project fear' wasn't it....

David Cameron responded: “If we vote to stay in we know what the situation is.

"We know that the Common Travel Area works, we know it can continue and everyone can have confidence in that.

"If we were to Leave, and, as the Leave campaigners want, make a big issue about our borders, then you’ve got a land border with Britain outside the European Union and the Republic of Ireland inside the EU.

"Therefore you can only either have new border controls between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, or, which I would regret hugely, you would have to have some sort of checks on people as they left Belfast or other parts of Northern Ireland to come to the rest of UK.

"Now we can avoid these risks, there are so many risks here, risks to our children’s job, risks to our borders, risks to the unity of the United Kingdom – I say avoid the risks and vote Remain next Thursday.”