+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nolan In Talks

I do wish people would stop believing the Daily Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by theory_extinct View Post
    I do wish people would stop believing the Daily Fail.
    Agree totally. One "news' paper reports something, 10 others copy the story, and suddenly its "fact". We would lose any remaining credibility if we got Nolan back now. I didn't want him sacked at the time, but reappointing him, he would have absolutely no authority with the players. If it wasn't working, why will it be any different now?

If Hardy wants to alienate many Notts fans then he should bring Nolan back. If he did it would be a big mistake imo.

Please bin this idea NOW!

* 8 wins in 28 games.

* Zero tactical nous - HOOF!

* Biblical fcuk ups in the summer transfer window and fitness preperation of the squad.

* Ongoing off the pitch issues

In super market speak Nolan is a ' date expired pie'

Quote Originally Posted by karl wheatly View Post
    Nolan is a ' date expired pie'
    Definitely past his sell-by date. 'Best before 20Jan2018'

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Definitely past his sell-by date. 'Best before 20Jan2018'
    Very good!

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    If Hardy wants to alienate many Notts fans then he should bring Nolan back. If he did it would be a big mistake imo.
    Agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorpepie View Post
    Combine that with King Kev giving his compensation money back to Big Al - All of a sudden this makes perfect sense xx
    I was thinking that. If the compensation is somehow returned, Nolan could continue where he left off on pretty much the same contract. Would save the club a load of money. But would also completely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I was thinking that. If the compensation is somehow returned, Nolan could continue where he left off on pretty much the same contract. Would save the club a load of money. But would also completely ridiculous.
    Yes, he could continue selecting baffling line ups, making ridiculous substitutions and failing to win any games. Great idea!

I wouldn't be alone in thinking it was time to call it a day if he re-appoints that bloke. It seems we have been turned down by at least 2 of the front runners, no announcement before the weekend according to BBC sport just now. Chettle remains in charge for Sat with the looks of it

Even at his craziest, egotistical worst I can not imagine that Hardy would commit such folly as reappointing Nolan.

Then again this is Notts County...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast