+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nolan In Talks

I've given up trying to figure anything out logically as far as Notts are concerned. If this was to happen he'd have my backing, even though I'd merely be buying lots of popcorn and hoping the story played out to a fairytale ending rather than the disaster that seems more likely. Stranger things have happened so I'm keeping an open mind. I know that's not fashionable on here but there you go.

Who knows if the rumours started by the Daily Mail are true? No-one should have to explain or be subject to the fiction masquerading as fact printed by possibly the worst right-wing tabloid rag in British "journalism ".

I'm genuinely starting to think that Nolan coming back is going to happen it's like we're all being softened up ready for it nobody's come out and categorically denied it especially Nolan himself.

I can't believe people are still being taken in by this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    I'm genuinely starting to think that Nolan coming back is going to happen it's like we're all being softened up ready for it nobody's come out and categorically denied it especially Nolan himself.
    Why should anyone come out and deny it? Do you expect someone to “come out and categorically deny” or otherwise, every rumour going?

And suppose Nolan was reappointed and inevitably made a hash of the job. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to fire him for a second time? It would make the club a laughing stock.
    Oh but I forgot, we already are...

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    And suppose Nolan was reappointed and inevitably made a hash of the job. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to fire him for a second time? It would make the club a laughing stock.
    Bang on Sidders. Jimmy Carr couldn't write a funnier joke..

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    This is the problem. If he comes in and we lose five on the bounce, what then? We'd be the first club to fire the same boss twice in one season. For him to bring Nolan back, he has to be 100% sure he's the right man, but how can he be?

Quote Originally Posted by karl wheatly View Post
    Please bin this idea NOW!

* 8 wins in 28 games.

* Zero tactical nous - HOOF!

* Biblical fcuk ups in the summer transfer window and fitness preperation of the squad.

* Ongoing off the pitch issues

In super market speak Nolan is a ' date expired pie'
    Actually steered us a way from certain relegation to conference, and got us to play offs

I am sick of your brigade always stating his worst stats 8 from 28, yet you fail to mention all the games he won before January, which he gets no credit for

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Actually steered us a way from certain relegation to conference, and got us to play offs

I am sick of your brigade always stating his worst stats 8 from 28, yet you fail to mention all the games he won before January, which he gets no credit for
    You don't think it's perhaps maybe because a manager can get worse and starting out great is not that useful if it all goes downhill? There's only so much "credit" you can get for a good start if it ends horribly.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast