+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nolan In Talks

Nolan In Talks

The press are reporting that Nolan has held talks with Notts. They also report Hardy tweeting he knows how important it is to get the appointment right. No connection between the two, surely. Anyone know more please? If true , very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    The press are reporting that Nolan has held talks with Notts. They also report Hardy tweeting he knows how important it is to get the appointment right. No connection between the two, surely. Anyone know more please? If true , very disappointing.
    It's just press speculation at the moment. Don't think Hardy is silly enough to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It's just press speculation at the moment. Don't think Hardy is silly enough to do that
    Just can't see it but one thing niggling me with Paul Hart there is Hardy could say he is overseeing transfers and can also mentor Nolan. I am not for it as I see it as a massive risk at this point in time but it could be case Nolan could be a great manager as he's always been seen as a great leader and one of those managers players will run through brick walls for. People can learn tactical knowledge and how to buy the right players for systems etc, the issue we had was he was learning on the job and seemingly alone but vice versa there might be the case he will never be good enough.

Doing his interview in the Larwood & Voce

I think bringing Nolan back could work out, but it'd be a bit of a risk, and would have to have some conditions and clauses attached. If you think about it, the biggest problems were messing up the January recruitment, which Hardy has admitted being partly responsible for, and totally messing up when asked to completely change the style of football used, rather than work towards a gradual change.
    Nolan did show that he can get good results some of the time, so if the addition of a mentor can help iron out some issues, and we have some get out clauses in case it's not working, it may just be worth a try. Maybe something like a win percentage target before xmas, so that if it's not working, there's time to bring someone else in with the transfer window open.

Combine that with King Kev giving his compensation money back to Big Al - All of a sudden this makes perfect sense xx

Where will this leave Rob Milsom?

Quote Originally Posted by Pie_Scribe View Post
    I think bringing Nolan back could work out, but it'd be a bit of a risk, and would have to have some conditions and clauses attached.
    Ahah, the club cheque book in a safe in Paul Hart's office and one of those breathalyser vending machines at the training ground?

I'm conflicted like Slack Pie, I would quite to see it happen but would simultaneously be appalled by the absurdity of it 😀

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorpepie View Post
    Combine that with King Kev giving his compensation money back to Big Al - All of a sudden this makes perfect sense xx
    Notts are still paying his wages

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Notts are still paying his wages
    In that case get him back in damn quick. Free Games.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast