+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Short list down to 3

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorpepie View Post
    Appleton just zoomed into fave @ 7/4
    Some idiot just sporadically betting or someone may know something?

I remember EP saying that betting odds are not dictated by who the bookies fancy or what the papers say, but by the amount of money or the number of bets placed on any candidate (or horse). Therefore the favourite is just that, the favourite choice that gamblers put theur money on, and if the gamblers take notice of the papers before they choose their horse (or candidate) then the odds reflect this.

Yours,
    Lucky Lax.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I remember EP saying that betting odds are not dictated by who the bookies fancy or what the papers say, but by the amount of money or the number of bets placed on any candidate (or horse). Therefore the favourite is just that, the favourite choice that gamblers put theur money on, and if the gamblers take notice of the papers before they choose their horse (or candidate) then the odds reflect this.

Yours,
    Lucky Lax.
    We've been told he rejected us, so it's either an idiot with a lot of spare dish or someone knows something

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Some idiot just sporadically betting or someone may know something?
    This would seem to me as though someone in the know has just put some (fairly) big money on...

Considering all the reports were that he had rejected us and had slipped down the betting this implies someone knows something...

Great appointment if so

Here's the first dozen in the betting at the moment. Steve Chettle's price has dropped slightly. That's probably due to Bohinen's fiver.

The 3 I'd least want are Shaun Derry, Paul Hart and Kevin Nolan.

Name:  Managers Odds.jpg
Views: 1586
Size:  20.0 KB

I think I now understand Hardy's thinking. The answer is simple - we go for Apleton until the end of Jan, then Ardley until April & appoint someone else in May - par for the course. You know it makes sense.
    Last edited by Pies4u; 15-11-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Would anyone take Martin Allen back to steady the ship until the summer?

So the three favourites are the two who’ve apparently turned us down and the bloke who we sacked 2 ish months ago. (confused emoji )

Give it Hursty until Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Would anyone take Martin Allen back to steady the ship until the summer?
    Yes, all day, every day.re Assuming that Appleton & Ardley say no, less bothered about Hurst tbh.

If it is a choice of Hart, Nolan or Allen - Allen, every time.
    Last edited by Pies4u; 15-11-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I remember EP saying that betting odds are not dictated by who the bookies fancy or what the papers say, but by the amount of money or the number of bets placed on any candidate (or horse).
    Usually the case, but a market like this attracts so little cash that gossip and rumour count for a lot. Appleton is 6/4 with Skybet, but 3/1 with BetVictor. That suggests the bookies intelligence network isn't telling them much yet.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast