+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement today - is F5 a thing of the past?

Announcement today - is F5 a thing of the past?

So AH stated yesterday that the announcement should be made today. Do you still F5?

I'll be honest in that I have lost the excitement of new managers now, partly because we see them far to often and secondly I have built up an emunity to underwhelment (is that a word)

I had hoped for Hurst but next best is Appleby anyone else will be meh unless AH pulls a shock out of the bag.

Big game for whoever gets it on Saturday either way!

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    So AH stated yesterday that the announcement should be made today. Do you still F5?

I'll be honest in that I have lost the excitement of new managers now, partly because we see them far to often and secondly I have built up an emunity to underwhelment (is that a word)

I had hoped for Hurst but next best is Appleby anyone else will be meh unless AH pulls a shock out of the bag.

Big game for whoever gets it on Saturday either way!
    Yeah, I'm the same. I lost any sense of excitement when Hurst ruled himself out. The other front-runners don't inspire any real hope in me really. Ardley seems like a safe-ish bet, but he left Wimbledon recently after an awful run of form. Brown has plenty of experience, but his best years are behind him.

Just checked the odds - Ardley now 1/7, so looks like it's him.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah, I'm the same. I lost any sense of excitement when Hurst ruled himself out. The other front-runners don't inspire any real hope in me really. Ardley seems like a safe-ish bet, but he left Wimbledon recently after an awful run of form. Brown has plenty of experience, but his best years are behind him.

Oh and Nolan is one of the favourites at AFC - oh the ironing.

You don't need F5 anymore. Twitter notifications arrive automatically. So where did AH say the announcement would be today? He's still in twitexile.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

I never have had a 'sense of excitement' whilst Biggun has been in charge. More a sense of fear and trepidation as to who the next 'loser' thru the door will be. You could understand it with the Trewster, he ran a temp agency and his managers were very, err, 'temporary'.

What is 'F5' - is it a Bus?

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    What is 'F5' - is it a Bus?
    Yep, Midland General but I don't know where it ran. The F4 went from an estate in Hucknall to Broadmarsh via Watnall. I learnt to smoke on the back seat of that bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Yep, Midland General but I don't know where it ran. The F4 went from an estate in Hucknall to Broadmarsh via Watnall. I learnt to smoke on the back seat of that bus.
    Didn't the F5 run from the clap clinic on Glasshouse St straight to City Hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Didn't the F5 run from the clap clinic on Glasshouse St straight to City Hospital?
    The clap clinic is at City Hospital, so I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I never have had a 'sense of excitement' whilst Biggun has been in charge. More a sense of fear and trepidation as to who the next 'loser' thru the door will be. You could understand it with the Trewster, he ran a temp agency and his managers were very, err, 'temporary'.
    That's a bit unfair I feel. He's currently only had two managers. Nolan was decent to begin with but after a half million spend on player in the summer, sitting rock bottom wasn't good enough and was rightfully sacked. The appointment of Kewell was a strange one, although at one point he managed to turn it around somewhat then went to pieces again. He's not been anywhere near as bad as Trew. In around 2 years he's had 2 (soon to be three managers) Trew was on four by 15 months!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast