+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Short list down to 3

Paul Hurst for me If possible.

Do not want Brown or Ardley or Nolan

Nolan coming back is not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulPie View Post
    Paul Hurst for me If possible.

Do not want Brown or Ardley or Nolan

Nolan coming back is not a good idea.
    Is he still paying Nolans wages???? perhaps he didn't get a lump sum in case he drank it all. Seriously. I have heard a runour he is still paying him. I know "what's in a rumour"? Could be why he is in the frame though.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Hardy mentioned that the first impressions the candidates gave him were all great. Kevin Nolan would not be giving him a first impression as he's obviously already been here.
    Semantics, Delroy, just confuse the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    Is he still paying Nolans wages???? perhaps he didn't get a lump sum in case he drank it all. Seriously. I have heard a runour he is still paying him. I know "what's in a rumour"? Could be why he is in the frame though.
    Think that's common practice nowadays, most (if not all) manager contracts state that the club won't pay them off if they're sacked but will continue to pay them until they get another job or their original contract ends. It's happened with Antonio Conte at Chelsea, where he's refused new job offers as he's apparently trying to negotiate with Chelsea to pay him a big chunk of what's left on his contract before he takes another job.

From moves on the betting this pm, it looks like the 3 might be Hurst, Brown and Ardley.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    From moves on the betting this pm, it looks like the 3 might be Hurst, Brown and Ardley.
    Gary Bowyer has dropped. Went from 28/1 to 16/1

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Gary Bowyer has dropped. Went from 28/1 to 16/1
    10/1 now

This short list of 3 is a constantly changing 3.
    It looks like we will have lost nearly a week with this process.
    What happened to the optimism of 2 days ago when an appointment of an experienced candidate sounded imminent?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    What happened to the optimism of 2 days ago when an appointment of an experienced candidate sounded imminent?
    Many years of support has taught me that optimism tends to be a wasted emotion where Notts are concerned. Just expect the worst case scenario, and you will rarely be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    This short list of 3 is a constantly changing 3.
    It looks like we will have lost nearly a week with this process.
    My feelings exactly.

That's why the club should only make an official announcement once an appointment has been signed and sealed.

Mr Hardy seems to have been over confident about one of his top targets joining Notts and is now searching around for also rans and the usual suspects.

You get the feeling that whoever it is will not be welcomed by the majority of Notts fans and face an immediate "Jamie Fullerton factor"

I have almost lost interest and feel nothing but apathy towards the club again after another false dawn last season.

Finances apart, why can Luton, Wycombe, Exeter, Stags, etc get things right and Notts cant ?

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast