+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Short list down to 3

Maybe AH went to the players & asked who they want? Not a good move in my eyes but...

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    We have already given three points away, every time we play at the moment it's like total surrender. Surely if Alan Hardy said a few days ago it was down to three, he must have decided by now.
    I think "he" decided last week, the problem is that"he" has to convince an intelligent person that the Notts job is a long term/good choice, this could take a while!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Losing to Morecambe would be nothing short of disastrous. It's a six-pointer. Macclesfield, Morecambe and Cheltenham are the sides Notts must aspire to better in any meetings from now on.
    Wot he says. ^^^^

I’ve never owned a football club but what tf do you need interviews for? How do you tell someone’s going to be a good manager from an interview?

And why does he need to interview a bloke who’s already worked for the club for 18 months??!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagels View Post
    Kevin Nolan dropped to odds on favourite at 15/8...

Appreciate the odds move a lot at this level but this may be telling as we near judgement day (i.e. 2nd interviews being completed)....
    Hardy mentioned that the first impressions the candidates gave him were all great. Kevin Nolan would not be giving him a first impression as he's obviously already been here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagels View Post
    Kevin Nolan dropped to odds on favourite at 15/8...

Appreciate the odds move a lot at this level but this may be telling as we near judgement day (i.e. 2nd interviews being completed)....
    I don't know much about betting - but 15/8 isn't odds on is it?

edit - now 13/8 .... soon will be odds on!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I don't know much about betting - but 15/8 isn't odds on is it?

edit - now 13/8 .... soon will be odds on!

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...tender-2240772

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’ve never owned a football club but what tf do you need interviews for? How do you tell someone’s going to be a good manager from an interview?

And why does he need to interview a bloke who’s already worked for the club for 18 months??!
    Agree, interviews at ultimately worthless. Proof of past success has to be the only criteria

Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    Agree, interviews at ultimately worthless. Proof of past success has to be the only criteria
    Engaging a manager without an interview would be like signing a player without a medical and no club would ...... oh!

Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    Yeah well John'Ten-Straight-Defeats'Sheridan had "plenty of proof of past success" and that didn't end well did it !!!

Perhaps the club should appoint the next manager based on a vote held on NCM. At least when the fans royally fcuked it all up, (as they most certainly would), they could then just fight amongst themselves - as per usual.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast