+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Short list down to 3

I’ve just read Ardley is in the frame if he can sort his compo out with Wimbledon.

So looks like we've spoken to Appleton who has turned us down. We haven't spoken to Hurst or Nolan yet and Ardley has ruled himself out for now but we have a shortlist of 3.

Fergie Junior, Mark Warburton and maybe Gary Bowyer? All three have local links. Fergie Junior generally pinballing between Peterborough and South Yorkshire, Warburton seemed to have friendly links when he was at Forest and Bowyer having a Nottingham connection as well. Saying that, it probably not any of those three 😂

I have just stuck a fiver on Darren Ferguson, got a feeling it's going to be none of these and he seems pally with the Peterborough chairman who might give him some positive insight or not lol, at 25/1 seems a good value

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I have just stuck a fiver on Darren Ferguson, got a feeling it's going to be none of these and he seems pally with the Peterborough chairman who might give him some positive insight or not lol, at 25/1 seems a good value
    Certainly worth a fiver, be a nice Christmas bonus if it comes off and he's not a bad manager either

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Certainly worth a fiver, be a nice Christmas bonus if it comes off and he's not a bad manager either
    Yeah would be nice, his records pretty decent, when I was referring to "he" meant Hardy, but there must have been a reason why his name wasn't doing the rounds last time so probably a fiver down the drain lol

I'd be happy with someone like Darren Ferguson. A good lower league manager with what he did at Peterborough getting them promoted to the Championship in his second spell and Doncaster getting them promoted from League Two and stabilising them in League One. I would class him as a safe pair of hands to guide us away from the league two drop zone, and capable of taking us forward with the right backing.

The problem is every manager I want us to get we never do, and I don't think I'm being unrealistic if the club has ambitions to go to the next level and beyond.

The manager is one of the most important positions at the club yet pass form shows we don't seem to be very good at picking the best candidate.

I think with someone like Ferguson it's more a case of if he would want to come to us, over us wanting him to come to us.

Is he doing the interviews on his own ? Do you all really really trust Hardy to get it right if he is ?

It's as good a guess as any, there's no point putting a fiver on a short odds candidate. My fiver went on Chettle, not because I want him but because of the obvious fact that he's already here. We've done it before, haven't we?

Appleton just zoomed into fave @ 7/4

That'll be my 50p bet - must've skewed the odds.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast