+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Short list down to 3

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hatrick View Post
    I thought he tweeted yesterday that "an excellent manager" was about to sign ?

Unless he meant an excellent manager from those 3 ?

Most prob. Hurst, Heckingbottom and Ardley, sounds like a firm of T'Yarkshire sliciters, flower.

I have to say, if the shortlist is Hurst, Heckingbottom and Ardley then it only strengthens my belief that it has to be Paul Hurst. The only way I'd even start to look at the other two is if Hurst turned the job down.

Hurst had an excellent record at Boston, Grimsby and Shrewbury, in each case taking the clubs over at a low point and turning them around in convincing style. His win ratio of 49% over 500+ games shows real consistency. I pretty much disregard his spell at Ipswich, given that the rot was setting in there over the past two seasons and he was only given 15 games anyway.

Paul Heckingbottom - the least experienced candidate by some distance - was given an equally raw deal at Leeds, so I wouldn't judge him on that spell, but his only other club was Barnsley where he got the job after a decent caretaker spell and did alright helping them tread water in the Championship, but I'm not sure he's fully proven himself in the way Hurst has in three different club scenarios. Do we truly know enough about Heckingbottom to be certain he's a good manager?

Ardley has more than 300 games as manager to his credit, albeit his original appointment would have been a sentimental choice to a degree after being a Wimbledon player. You can't fault him for consolidating their League Two position and gradually building a promotion-winning side on a small budget, but was it a case of operating in a particular environment that suited him and where the fan base were always likely to be especially supportive and patient? Would he get the same patience at Notts County? I think if he had done the same with at least one other club then I would say yes, he's proven his credentials and may be on a par with Hurst, but we only have the evidence of that one spell.

Plus, it has to be said, Heckingbottom and Ardley have losing records overall, whereas Hurst has a winning one over a greater number of games. It's fair to say Hurst was expected to win most of his games at Grimsby, but as a part-time Boston follower I can say there was nothing guaranteed when he took over there, and I don't think anyone expected the turnaround he achieved at Shrewsbury. Anyone who can make a star player of Alex Rodman in League One must have a bit about them!

Hurst for me. 100%.

Rumours this morning that it's Hurst, Ricketts, and Heckingbottom.

It's got to be Hurst for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Rumours this morning that it's Hurst, Ricketts, and Heckingbottom.

It's got to be Hurst for me.
    Can't see Ricketts being on the shortlist, Hardy said they were experienced people, Ricketts has had a managerial career spanning 20 odd games

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hatrick View Post
    I thought he tweeted yesterday that "an excellent manager" was about to sign ?

Unless he meant an excellent manager from those 3 ?
    Yes he did. He must have a very long name as it's taking him an age to put pen to paper?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think he may be learning. His statement that "I am pleased to say I have now shortlisted three strong candidates to attend second interviews for the vacant manager’s position at Meadow Lane. All three made excellent first impressions, demonstrating extensive experience and huge enthusiasm for the role" is a step up from his suggestion that some applicants were laughable (or something along those lines) when he appointed Kewell. He then says "I’m fully aware that most of the mindless negativity directed towards me comes from so-called ‘trolls’ and supporters of rival clubs looking for a bite but it’s not healthy for me – or my family – to see a constant stream of such messages". Quite right, so why didn't you decide to quit earlier, as many of us advised from the start?
    Tell it straight Alan and you don't get abused! Bull shiiters are soon found out and you are now being found out.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Gordon Bennett MIG, can you PLEASE either change the bleedin' record or explain your bitter and clearly personal beef with AH to us all openly? Surely that simple choice is clear enough, plenty have asked you before. It is just tedious, predictable and pathetic now.

Perhaps if you revealed something you know and believe we don't know we might be more interested?
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Tell it straight Alan and you don't get abused! Bull shiiters are soon found out and you are now being found out.
    Our new manger. Smalluss Alluss:

Name:  46499294_10156029994371909_320173031479574528_n.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  82.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post

Yawnnnnnnnn.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Can't see Ricketts being on the shortlist, Hardy said they were experienced people, Ricketts has had a managerial career spanning 20 odd games
    20 games is experienced at Notts !

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast