+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: F.A.O.Jules et al

F.A.O.Jules et al

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Perhaps a Second board/forum could be appended to the Barnsley Footymad section which could be purely for Political comment by Barnsley supporters, amd the few that appear occasionally to pick a barney.......... yes this board would be less busy..... but then every thread wouldn’t end up about “poor me/them/us/Conservative/Labour/Corbyn/Brexit/Racist/immigrants. Which is what every thread appears to be degenerating into lately.
    Most of us chose to come here as it’s a board mainly about football. We played a game tonight, apart from ESR, there’s been little comment or opinion apart from political mudslinging. And yes, we all have opinions, and “don’t have to read” but then if your agenda is to appear when only political/racist comment is discussed then why target a football board?. Four out of the top six posts as I write are mudslinging, political posts..... and we have played a game tonight.

As you are all well versed in saying.... just my opinion
    Hi Jules,

I've been a Barnsley fan most of my adult life, sometimes as a season ticket holder, sometimes as a watcher from a distance. I've never played (other than at school) coached, or been coached so I wouldn't consider myself as competent to comment as some of the posters on this board who have obviously played and coached in the past.

My footballing posts are therefore limited to, or agreeing with the usual -

Davies needs to command his box, Lindsay is the weak link,Moncur is frustratingly inconsistent, we paid too much for Thiam, we miss Bradshaw or a player in his role, Bahre is Stendel's love child, I was wrong about Stendel he's impressed so far, I don't know what the new owners motives are, Oakwell pies are too hot and overpriced.
    Comment about the game/tactics/formation
    comment about the ref/away fans/50/50 draw.
    repeat,repeat,repeat.

There are posters on here who are more knowledgeable and experienced in playing/coaching the game first hand than I to provide a creditable match report, so I don't even try.

Like others I have other interests, I don't drink whisky, do much cooking of lamb shanks, I have a dog but only pay a passing interest to his shyte to make sure he's ok. These topics aren't football related either but go unchallenged by you.
    I also post on things that interest me; Brexit,politics,immigration,the economy,the state of the Labour party under Corbyn. Most of the local teams message boards contain the same o/t content.

My posts often put me at odds with others on this board, that's fine it's all about opinions as we often say and if you don't want to engage with me no one is forcing you.

I think it's a bit sad that some posters can't express views on topics that interest them that may well start a debate or discussion, this may be the reason that this board has a handful of regular posters who all tend to broadly agree with each other, and members who never post. Maybe they're put off by the potential for the collective to come down on them,maybe not, I suppose we'll never know as they don't post anything at all.

So as you object so much to what I post about off topic, whilst others are ok to post about whatever they want unchecked, I've decided that the simplest thing for me to do is to stop posting and withdraw from the board.

Interestingly it isn't the first board I've ever resigned from

So, in closing I'd like to wish everyone on Tykes Mad all the very best and apologise for any offence caused.

RF out.

Geeor RF , thas as much reyt to be onneer as rest onnuz , dunt Packin , alternative views that's all , avveddit missen , Man or Mouse ? , get thissen togetha , thal bi reyt , Regards Roma

No need to pack in RF. I enjoy reading your posts.

Its a shame there arent more regular posters on tykeschat to mix it up. Although I'm not a fan of politics, I don't mind folk expressing their views on it, sometimes i read with a degree of interest and other times I give it a bodyswerve.

Certain topics on BFC have been exhausted and can become mundane. Maybe it's cos we're doing well and there's nowt to moan abart

It's getting contagious this resigning lark

Don’t be daft RF , I enjoy reading your posts and agree with a lot you say. Even if I didn’t do so what, it’s just a daft forum with very few rules so just crack on !

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    Hi Jules,

I've been a Barnsley fan most of my adult life, sometimes as a season ticket holder, sometimes as a watcher from a distance. I've never played (other than at school) coached, or been coached so I wouldn't consider myself as competent to comment as some of the posters on this board who have obviously played and coached in the past.

My footballing posts are therefore limited to, or agreeing with the usual -

Davies needs to command his box, Lindsay is the weak link,Moncur is frustratingly inconsistent, we paid too much for Thiam, we miss Bradshaw or a player in his role, Bahre is Stendel's love child, I was wrong about Stendel he's impressed so far, I don't know what the new owners motives are, Oakwell pies are too hot and overpriced.
    Comment about the game/tactics/formation
    comment about the ref/away fans/50/50 draw.
    repeat,repeat,repeat.

There are posters on here who are more knowledgeable and experienced in playing/coaching the game first hand than I to provide a creditable match report, so I don't even try.

Like others I have other interests, I don't drink whisky, do much cooking of lamb shanks, I have a dog but only pay a passing interest to his shyte to make sure he's ok. These topics aren't football related either but go unchallenged by you.
    I also post on things that interest me; Brexit,politics,immigration,the economy,the state of the Labour party under Corbyn. Most of the local teams message boards contain the same o/t content.

My posts often put me at odds with others on this board, that's fine it's all about opinions as we often say and if you don't want to engage with me no one is forcing you.

I think it's a bit sad that some posters can't express views on topics that interest them that may well start a debate or discussion, this may be the reason that this board has a handful of regular posters who all tend to broadly agree with each other, and members who never post. Maybe they're put off by the potential for the collective to come down on them,maybe not, I suppose we'll never know as they don't post anything at all.

So as you object so much to what I post about off topic, whilst others are ok to post about whatever they want unchecked, I've decided that the simplest thing for me to do is to stop posting and withdraw from the board.

Interestingly it isn't the first board I've ever resigned from

So, in closing I'd like to wish everyone on Tykes Mad all the very best and apologise for any offence caused.

RF out.
    That’s not at all what I was objecting to ...and almost certainly you know it. I am commenting, that virtually every post lately on whatever topic ended up as a political theme eventually. I’ve no axe with anyone... just that we TRY to stick with the theme of the original theme as much as poss......and that’s why we have O/T..... after all, if I posted a dog Shyte post in every footy post I’m sure you’d soon get fed up!..
    Roma and SB take criticism regularly for POOOAASTIN in dialect, yet carry on poooastin in it....
    It was meant as a general comment... No specific target involved, and it’d be sad if you took it that way ... I was posting my thoughts... not demands.
    Last edited by Jules88; 15-11-2018 at 11:40 PM.

Please reconsider RF , we are at opposite sides politically but none the less I enjoy our exchanges .

If you look at all football club message boards as I often do you will find O/T subjects are the norm and this one is no different .

The dissenting voices don't have to read them , very often if a topic doesn't interest me I simply don't bother with it .

I’m not dissenting. And I HAVE involved myself in some political discussion, and it should be part of the board. Why not.... ?
    I objected as original footy threads turned into Politics frequently.

Vote REMAIN Red Flagged tha knos it meks sense !!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Vote REMAIN Red Flagged tha knos it meks sense !!