+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Feb 12th 1974

Sunday Feb 12th 1974

64,672 att with a healthy number of travelling dees,remember the then dens derry streaming into the old centenary stand after paying for transfer from the celtic end
    1st song "his name is Gordon Wallace,he's the leader o the team,the finest centre forward that the world has ever seen"
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by shaded; 15-11-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Name:  ibrox3.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  92.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by shaded; 15-11-2018 at 06:48 PM.

10,000 Dee's at the game. Remember it well

the oldman also took us to the sunday game at aberdeen,also a huge turn out if i mind right,we were on the south terracing
    remember all the bus high tail lights weaving there way down towards stonehaven
    was a great cup run that year

crowds that today can only be dreamed about,imagine taking twice saturdays attendance thru to ibrox

Was there with my dad. Probably my all time favourite pumping of Rangers.

Was there any official amount of away fans or estimate/guesstimates?

i was only 10 mate but remember the day quite well,remember a huge group o dee fans sittn just infront of us on the auld wooden benches and loads o them had the workie helmets on,remember we went in the celtic end then paid again to get in the centenary,i wid imagine the dee crowd wid be a guesstimate however when u see pics o the travelling support at hibs/hearts away around the same time then 10000 widna be aff the mark,wildebeest will be along nae doubt he will ken better than me

i was only 10 mate but remember the day quite well,remember a huge group o dee fans sittn just infront of us on the auld wooden benches and loads o them had the workie helmets on,remember we went in the celtic end then paid again to get in the centenary,i wid imagine the dee crowd wid be a guesstimate however when u see pics o the travelling support at hibs/hearts away around the same time then 10000 widna be aff the mark,wildebeest will be along nae doubt he will ken better than me

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    Name:  ibrox3.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  92.6 KB
    Great to see the ref and linos were neutral
    Some things never change

never done them any good that day mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)