+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: This next round of fixtures

Cant believe we are on the up - just a few weeks ago with shabba i was all doom and gloom. Now im nesrly cracking a half smile on my miserable ******* old face 😠

You never know what's round the corner though. I think things are definitely moving in the right direction under RN. But I'm expecting a few bumps on the way. It's inevitable. However, we are on track and as long as we don't lose to Ayr we'll be in a great position at this time of the season.

Me too but consistency. Robbie Neilsons Tangerine Army.

He is the real deal

ICT aren’t contenders. Only the bottom 3 have fewer wins. 4/14 is a shocking return at this level.

3 horse race for me and still hoping us beating Ayr next Friday will lead to their capitulation. They’ve drawn their last 2 games which were both at home to midtable sides. Their next 3 are us, County and Inverness and we travel there in January. Shankland 3 games without a goal and chance he could leave in Jan. They’ve done very well but can’t see them replicating it 2nd half of season. I suppose most said same about Livingston though.
    Last edited by Daly9; 23-11-2018 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    ICT aren’t contenders. Only the bottom 3 have fewer wins. 4/14 is a shocking return at this level.

3 horse race for me and still hoping us beating Ayr next Friday will lead to their capitulation. They’ve drawn their last 2 games which were both at home to midtable sides. Their next 3 are us, County and Inverness and we travel there in January. Shankland 3 games without a goal and chance he could leave in Jan. They’ve done very well but can’t see them replicating it 2nd half of season. I suppose most said same about Livingston though.
    Not sure about Icey Tea, if they start winning they are not far behind.
    As for Ayr their season lives or dies on the next three games.
    Motivation for them to dig in.

C'mon United!

ICT defo are contenders, however the top four right now are the only realistic teams that can challenge

ICT have proven they can’t win games certainly not enough to win league. Guaranteed to finish 3rd/4th. All will be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    ICT defo are contenders, however the top four right now are the only realistic teams that can challenge
    Agree with this. ICT will start winning games and will always be hard to beat at home. Our fixture away to them 3 weeks tomorrow will be our toughest to date imo.

Think it's complacency to think they aren't and don't think Neilson is that, they haven't lost in 25 league games, ok a lot of draws so far but they proved a few months ago they can go on a winning run late in season when they won 10 and drew 3 of their last 13 league matches

Agree with Whitfield, I see that as tougher than Dingwall, next few games are really tough and we aren't worldbeaters

It would be extreme folly to dismiss a challenge from ICT.

If they had managed to convert half of their 10 draws into wins, they would now be top of the table, and clear of Ayr by 2 points!

They are still well in play as far as winning the league goes.

We need to keep our players fit and motivated and hope that no-one picks up a long-term injury.
    Last edited by cybershed; 23-11-2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: spell correct

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)