+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: This next round of fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    If they had managed to convert half of their 10 draws into wins, they would now be top of the table, and clear of Ayr by 2 points!.
    And if they’d lost them they’d be bottom 4. Fact is they drew and in some cases were extremely fortunate to do so (Tannadice being a prime example).

They’re averaging 1.57pts a game giving them a projected finish of 57pts at most. History suggests you need at least 70 to win league meaning they need to average 2.18 over remaining 22 games. Won’t happen. Feel free to bookmark and ridicule me if it does.

Ayr currently projecting 77 with ourselves and County 69. A marginal improvement from us and an Ayr dip is what we need. ICT have given themselves too much to do just as we did last season.

3 horse race.
    Last edited by Daly9; 23-11-2018 at 03:22 PM.

lol projecting, not ridiculing just not a full proof way to look at it

Especially as in Inverness case they have continuity of players and manager so the end of last season plays a part unlike for us, good chance they will go on another winning run like the end of last season at some stage, they are unbeaten and never say die, being 3-0 at Queens and almost winning says it all

So yea will agree to disagree and say they will be in contention come the business end of the season, but I'd rather you end up being correct of course

Going purely by their games against us ICT are a main rival to us for promotion. We battered them last time but only drew as they are a strong side.
    The longer their unbeaten run of draws goes on the better. 11 points out of last 9 games is quite poor. But they point to the unbeaten run as an achievement and seem to be concerned with not getting beaten rather than winning.

I say that we forget about what other teams are doing and instead knuckle down, play it one game at a time and concentrate fully on our own results. That's what RN has started and surely means to continue with. Do this and we'll be fine.

I'm sure that's what Robbie and the team will be doing. As a fan, it's great to speculate. 🙂

Worst thing we could do is take our eyes off ICT as they could just as easily start turning their draws into wins. But they are the one team that can help win us the league if they can keep taking points off our main rivals, but not us!

When ICT went 3-0 down to QOTS last week my thought's were the home team needed one more goal to secure victory,you have to give credit to a team playing 233 miles away from home on an artificial pitch to pull 3 goals back in the final 20 minutes.Their manager admitted they got battered for most of the game but it finished 3-3.
    It would be foolhardy to write them off in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'm sure that's what Robbie and the team will be doing. As a fan, it's great to speculate. ��
    Was speaking to someone today who is involved in supporting the club commercially and it appears to be the training regime that has transformed the team on the pitch,under Shabba it was longer sessions at a snails pace whereas Neilson has them at full tilt but in half the time.

“Title challengers” ICT drawing with Edinburgh City. Proving again they can’t win games.

The relevance to league form? You seem a bit annoyed by the quite sensible opinion that ICT are one of the contenders

Fair play to Edinburgh City, two weeks in a row coming from behind at home to draw with championship sides after the 2-2 v Alloa last week

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)