+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: This next round of fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Projected pts totals ha ha ha ha

If we were to hit our projected pts total at Christmas the last couple of years we'd be in the top flight and Inverness would be in league two now
    Pure guesswork on your part and incorrect at that.

Re United.

2016/17 Christmas projection = 70. Hibs went up with 71.

2017/18 Christmas projection = 72. St Mirren went up with 74.

Inverness projection was 30 and Brechin were relegated with 4. So it would’ve come down to goal difference between them and Dumbarton for play off for relegation to League 1.

Dismiss all you like but without a crystal ball, it’s the only way to reasonably predict. Of course teams can fall away or improve, nothing is set in stone. History tells you that you need around the 70 point mark. Luckily this season could be lower to it’s up to us to improve and take advantage of that.

Inverness was 30, remind me what they finished with?

Glad you are agreeing that projected pts at this stage, in this league especially is useless.

Nothing wrong with targets.

I've decided that 72 points is needed to win the league, average 2 pts per game, yes I know you can't get 2 pts in a game, I said average.

We're currently 6 under par, need to be on 42 pts after 21 games, we've got only 36 pts.

So from the remaining 15 games we need 30 pts but PLUS the 6 pts we're under par, 36 pts, doubling what we have just now. You could say the league is only half won.

So I'm sorry but we need to win a whopping ELEVEN games, draw 3 and can afford to lose only the once.

Sounds a bit strenuous doesn't it? But anything less then it's the cursed play-offs again. Again, this is based on the 72 points target which is based on us being but 3rd with competition not from one but from TWO teams.

Btw the league now has a 3-5-2 look about it & worrying for the 2, Falkirk & Thistle, one of you is going down from bottom spot. Who would have thought it?

Alloa - last defeat Dec 1 & doing some crazy things Saturday to Saturday (don't we know it?). The nasty Jim Goodwin might just have a magic touch.

Fun's manager next season when agent Mac's mission is accomplished & he's airlifted out of The Dump in a chopper just as the Auld Stand falls down?

It was MM who i first heard mention the 18 points/quarter target leading to 72 points, so i expect there is an agreement on that. But going by recent results, i doubt anyone is winning this league with more than 70 points this season.

For our part, i think we need to have Januarys business done this week, get them together as a team and get ready for the push! Our next league game is one of 6 key games we have left against who i believe will be there for the run in where we must avoid defeats, but there will be more twists and turns outside of those games!

Inverness “title challenge” officially dead in the water. 3 horse race confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    Inverness “title challenge” officially dead in the water. 3 horse race confirmed.
    The next 2/3 weeks of fixtures cannot guarantee that for me yet. If they are 12 or more points behind at the start of the last quarter then i will agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    The next 2/3 weeks of fixtures cannot guarantee that for me yet. If they are 12 or more points behind at the start of the last quarter then i will agree with you.
    Have to agree with Daly here Chick. They are playing for 4th

When i first read Dalys post, i thought yeah, but the next 2 weeks fixtures could see them take 9 points where i can just as easily see all top 4 dropping points. Thankfully they could be involved in a bit of fixture chaos along with us and RC which i think will add to the excitement i could do without!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    When i first read Dalys post, i thought yeah, but the next 2 weeks fixtures could see them take 9 points where i can just as easily see all top 4 dropping points. Thankfully they could be involved in a bit of fixture chaos along with us and RC which i think will add to the excitement i could do without!
    They've won 7 times in 24 starts and drawn 12, not seeing where they're suddenly becoming serial winners tbh.
    Unless the wheels come off for us or Ayr they are finishing 4th at best surely

Nobody saw their late form last season either, and this season they could just as easily start that from a stronger position. We also have a situation where every team in this bloody league can take points off everyone else this season.

Fingers crossed we are now in a position where we are the masters of our own destiny, tinged with a bit of fixture chaos for our biggest challenger, but i cant relax until the lady is wetting her wattle!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)