+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: This next round of fixtures

I wouldnt class ICT as contenders either

It's all ifs and buts but maybe a bit early to write them off. At this stage any of the top four can win the league

I think they'll win their next game. And if they're going to win the title they will need to keep winning instead of drawing. But if we maintain our good form and go up there on the 15th and beat them it might well be curtains for their challenge.

Ifs and buts
    Last edited by stokearab; 25-11-2018 at 09:32 PM. Reason: ach

If ICT start to win their draws over the Christmas period they will be contenders. Think its between us an County but stranger things have happened. The top 4 as it is could well be top 4 end of season but i think Ayr will collapse.

It wouldn't be strange for Inverness to finish above us and County

Not saying they will but for me they are one of the four capable of finishing top, they have a tough December coming up, after they play Falkirk at home they play Ayr away, us at home, and end the year with County away, if they come through that not any further back then they are in it to the end as we know from how they finished last season

County have the better looking run in December, certainly the beginning of it, Ayr have us, ICT and County coming up

Obviously need to look after ourselves, we were very good from Oct to Christmas the last two seasons before it went wrong, that's another hurdle Neilson needs to get us over but I'm confident he will, have full trust in him going forward

I quite like this target...
    4 games to the halfway stage in the league, Ayr (H) Morton (A) ICT (A) Falkirk (H).
    9 points out of 12 there gives us 36 points after 18 games, 2 points a game.
    36 points in the 2nd half of the league gives us 72 points which, with no runaway leaders, should win the league.
    2 points a game, 18 points a quarter, is a good target.

I’d like to think that the longer Caleys unbeaten run goes, the more they concentrate on ‘not getting beat’

We will see more draws. A mentality thing.

Tough to put away, but little cutting edge

One thing I dont want is ICT in a play off so lets just win this league and take this out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I wouldnt class ICT as contenders either
    You are correct.

Saying they are is like saying Chelsea are challenging for the EPL and Aberdeen are in contention for Scottish Prem as they’re similar number of points off top of their leagues.

I agree they’ll be a threat in play offs though as every team will be.

To be fair...if we canny beat ICT or any other teams in this league over 2 legs. then we don't deserve to be promoted!

If we can keep this progress going would be very confident of winning the league.

Neilson is breeding confidence and i am sure he will handle the difficult ones and january window well.

I think he will try and get rid of some (or all) of the following: Leomba, Scobbie, Robson (loan?), Rakovan, Mehmet, Barton, Toshney (loan) bringing 2 or 3 in.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)