+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: This next round of fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Nobody saw their late form last season either, and this season they could just as easily start that from a stronger position. We also have a situation where every team in this bloody league can take points off everyone else this season.

Fingers crossed we are now in a position where we are the masters of our own destiny, tinged with a bit of fixture chaos for our biggest challenger, but i cant relax until the lady is wetting her wattle!
    Those Tuesday night fixtures see ICT visit Tannadice the same night as Ross County v Ayr

Big potential for a slip up for the top 3 next weekend though! ICT could exit the cup during the week and end up gaining 9 points on the top teams before we play the next round of the cup.

Dont get me wrong as i think the turn has been made, but ive had too many bad times since the tim 3 departed to fully believe!

I’d like to think everyone agrees ICT are done now?

Ayr could very well be next to drop out. 7 points from their last 6 whereas we’ve picked up 13 and County 12.

Really needing County to hit a bad patch. They’re averaging 2.04 points per game. If they sustain that they’ll finish on 73/74 meaning we’d have to win 9 of remaining our 10 games.

Hopefully plenty twists and turns to come and injury to Billy McKay is a massive blow for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post

Ayr could very well be next to drop out. 7 points from their last 6 whereas we’ve picked up 13 and County 12.

Really needing County to hit a bad patch. They’re averaging 2.04 points per game. If they sustain that they’ll finish on 73/74 meaning we’d have to win 9 of remaining our 10 games.

Hopefully plenty twists and turns to come and injury to Billy McKay is a massive blow for them.
    Looking at league we do need to win practically every match. If we win 8 out of 10 then Rossco would just need 6 wins and a couple draws out of 11 to be ahead of us.

Our best chance is we need to win both matches against Rossco

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Our best chance is we need to win both matches against Rossco
    I think this is very very unlikely. I do think RC will drop points against other teams though.

Cementing our place in 2nd is our 1st priority now imo. If Coonty win their game in hand then the 8 point gap will be a bridge too far. Realistically we need to reduce the current points gap before we play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post

I accept that they cannot win the league, but we need to get past 10 points ahead of them to negate their chance of 2nd. We still need them to be a major factor for the run in, as long as they dont hurt us! They are in that oh so dangerous area of being 10 points behind us, but 11 points away from relegation play offs and in amongst 4 other teams that will realistically challenge for the 3rd or 4th promotion play off that they have enough to fight for.

Plenty twist and turns yes, but we need to start converting chances to make it work in our favour!

I've been looking at the run in of fixtures for us and County. It's hard to see where they are going to drop points. They've proven that they can overcome adversity and win.

We, I think, are giving it a good shot at it. Especially since we couldn't get a team together until Jan. We were so soft before. No leaders. But we're a different proposition these days.

If we keep the momentum going tho, even finishing a strong 2nd will set us up nicely for the play offs. In fact, I've got a feeling we'll be in the play off final this year.

Morton have beaten them twice, that's their next fixture so you never know, no easy games left for any of the teams, this division is just that way this year

They are clear favourites but second at worst is a must

RC should win the league. We are dogged i will give RN that. We keep sniffing they have lost their best player for rest of season. Things can change.

But i think we have a team to win the play offs. If Curran is dundees star player along with that striker i am comfortable going against them.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)