+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: O/T Improving Football

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    I think you mean Glaswegian 'minks' not west coast. Don't tar us all with the same mad brush.
    Is Glasgow no the west coast like?

A pint would be good pre match but after experiencing HT bevvy down south a few times I'd give that a miss, too little time unless you head down 5-10 mins before HT

Bookies I'm not to fussed about as most folk do that on their phones nowadays.

A smoking zone would be a good idea as it stops smokers doing it in the toilets even if it is very rare at home but it happens a lot away.

Quite like the Scott bros steak mince pez the others aren't the best though.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Is Glasgow no the west coast like?
    TBF its two teams from west coast in particular that are a problem and they are both from Glasgow

Clue: it’s not Partick Thistle ... 🤨

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    A pint would be good pre match but after experiencing HT bevvy down south a few times I'd give that a miss, too little time unless you head down 5-10 mins before HT

Bookies I'm not to fussed about as most folk do that on their phones nowadays.
    think most would bite your hand off for a pint at half time, would certainly stop people f cuking off to the troll etc. Regardless of the time or the quality, - its a plastic cup its never gonna be great, it still majorly improves the whole experience

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    think most would bite your hand off for a pint at half time, would certainly stop people f cuking off to the troll etc. Regardless of the time or the quality, - its a plastic cup its never gonna be great, it still majorly improves the whole experience
    My experience is that it's murder getting served then you're rushing it or missing the start of the 2nd half.

In saying that when we went to the Bohemians of Dublin friendly a few seasons back it was great��

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    TBF its two teams from west coast in particular that are a problem and they are both from Glasgow

Clue: it’s not Partick Thistle ... 🤨
    😂

Question...
    The gate tomorrow should be about 5,000. Hoping so anyway.
    Putting all factors incl clashing with a meaningful Scotland game & season ticket sales aside, what would be the gate if it was totally FREE to get in.
    I'd be surprised if it rose to as much as 5,500, a 10% rise. Because I believe that there is a finite number of football supporters and the cost of attending a football match these days is NOT a big put-off.
    Does anyone think there would be an appreciable rise in the attendance if you were allowed to just walk in?

That's probably fair doos to be honest. I doubt we'll get as many as 5k tomorrow though.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Question...
    The gate tomorrow should be about 5,000. Hoping so anyway.
    Putting all factors incl clashing with a meaningful Scotland game & season ticket sales aside, what would be the gate if it was totally FREE to get in.
    I'd be surprised if it rose to as much as 5,500, a 10% rise. Because I believe that there is a finite number of football supporters and the cost of attending a football match these days is NOT a big put-off.
    Does anyone think there would be an appreciable rise in the attendance if you were allowed to just walk in?
    Cost of a football match to me and a good few people I know IS a big put-off. Many people's income has dropped in real terms year on year for a considerable period of time, especially in a depressed city like Dundee.

Football is a business and like any business must do things to attract customers who have a variety of choices.

Most folk on here seem to think it's not worth worrying about, and trying to make the game more attractive to the casual supporter is a waste of time.

If that's your view, fair enough but it's a pretty negative and depressing view to have.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    Cost of a football match to me and a good few people I know IS a big put-off. Many people's income has dropped in real terms year on year for a considerable period of time, especially in a depressed city like Dundee.

Football is a business and like any business must do things to attract customers who have a variety of choices.

Most folk on here seem to think it's not worth worrying about, and trying to make the game more attractive to the casual supporter is a waste of time.

If that's your view, fair enough but it's a pretty negative and depressing view to have.
    I think you're right. There are fans who go because they are fans who have always gone and always will do. Which is great. But there are others who need to make financial choices in life when it comes to it, and those fans can be, could be (?) swayed into coming if the matchday experience is enhanced. So I think yes, do everything possible to enhance the experience without diluting the value or price that the diehard fans have paid. Some of these things don't need to have a high cost attached.

One idea I had but never posted here or wrote to the club about has zero cost. Publicise this promotion in advance and make it a regular thing. Have the turnstile operators give a numbered ticket to all parents with kids on entering. Just before kick off announce the winning number - that winner gets one adult and one child met by an ex player and taken to the dressing room general area at half time. As the players emerge to take to the pitch for the second half the adult and child get to follow the team as they head back out the tunnel. Picture taken with the legend in the tunnel, goodie bag for the child. Accompanied back to their seats and given a signed team pic. No expense involved but a brilliant experience for any young Arab, not to mention the mum or dad.

That's a kids promo, not sure if it's viable, I'm sure there could be adult promotions done too.

As to the question of ticket pricing generally I've really no ideas on that at all, it's a very difficult one to get the balance right.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)