+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you expect?

What do you expect?

Reading some of the posts on here I am a little confused.

As I said after Nolan was sacked, why replace a rookie with a rookie especially one as delusional as Kewell seemed to be. In my opinion, Nolan came to Notts with big ideas and a kind of arrogance that was to do his way and not take any advice from those around which he ultimately paid the price and believe if Hardy does reinstate him on the proviso that he works more closely with Hart & Co then I for one would be happy as who the hell would take the job apart from some has been desperado.

I feel I’m quite blessed being a Notts fan for over 50 years as I have, although many years ago been to Wembley several times and witnessed a few promotions feel desperately sorry for the younger fans who have just witnessed doom and gloom.

So whoever it is, Nolan or other let’s get behind the team COYP

Quote Originally Posted by Robins View Post

As I said after Nolan was sacked, why replace a rookie with a rookie especially one as delusional as Kewell seemed to be. In my opinion, Nolan came to Notts with big ideas and a kind of arrogance that was to do his way and not take any advice from those around which he ultimately paid the price and believe if Hardy does reinstate him on the proviso that he works more closely with Hart & Co then I for one would be happy as who the hell would take the job apart from some has been desperado.

I feel I’m quite blessed being a Notts fan for over 50 years as I have, although many years ago been to Wembley several times and witnessed a few promotions feel desperately sorry for the younger fans who have just witnessed doom and gloom.

Hear! Hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Robins View Post

Great post sir... I am a Notts fan since the 99/00 season and been laughed at over here by my mates for supporting the pies but it's all pretty much tongue in cheek stuff, I have seen many more dark days than sunny days but it's all part of supporting a lower league club. I used to get to 12/14 games per season but I'm such a bad omen I dare go anymore (have not won in my last 20 trips) but I will be over in Jan for my bday to enjoy a few Nights out in good old Nottingham

As for the new manager... It's totally up in the air at the moment and AH keeping his cards close to his chest but I have a bad feeling it could be a disastrous apointment (ala Fullacrap) which would turn the atmosphere toxic down the lane... I really hope I am wrong and we will all look back and laugh about it next May.

Give over - so, if he appointed his next door neighbour, you'd be happy and just blindly accept it?

You might pledge your undying allegiance, but plenty will vote with their feet, as they were doing when he took us to the foot of the table. It would, just about, put the tin lid on it for me if we resort to Nolan, Hart or some similar half baked appointment - because no one else will touch the job with a barge pole.

Notts fans should have the expectation that a good manager will be appointed because the owner knows he has to get this one right, if it takes a little longer to get the right man then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Give over - so, if he appointed his next door neighbour, you'd be happy and just blindly accept it?
    I wouldn't be happy but I'd accept it (grudgingly rather than blindly), even if Fullarton was reappointed.

I wouldn't let it stop me supporting my club.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post

You might pledge your undying allegiance, but plenty will vote with their feet, as they were doing when he took us to the foot of the table. It would, just about, put the tin lid on it for me if we resort to Nolan, Hart or some similar half baked appointment - because no one else will touch the job with a barge pole.
    I’d be very surprised if his next door neighbour is a football manager and as for fans voting with their feet, you honestly believe that unless we appoint big Sam or the like there’s not going to be any moaning given the fact that every name mentioned thus far has been met with discontent and tbh, who if anyone with any pedigree would touch us with a barge pole.
    Last edited by Robins; 15-11-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I wouldn't be happy but I'd accept it (grudgingly rather than blindly), even if Fullarton was reappointed.

I admire your spirit. Nobody is questioning ongoing "support", how that support manifested itself might be more open to debate. However, there is a diminishing group of people who just, grudgingly, blindly or naively allow Club owners to simply take them for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

Do I take it that would also apply if the club sunk to the realms of the Conference North?

In reply to the original thread I think we're all loyal supporters, we wouldn't attend the matches if we weren't or post on sites like this. It's far too easy to state; get behind the team no matter what. Shades of Teresa? What concerns many of us is Hardy's seeming inability to appoint a decent manager and his often car crash attitude to running a football club. We may not own the club but after spending countless hundreds (thousands) of pounds over the years, we feel we should have a say. We are after all, loyal customers and very important ones at that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast