+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mulgrew signs new deal ......

Mulgrew signs new deal ......

He has signed a contract extension with us today. Can only be a good thing.

Don't be too overjoyous Champs , As you well know Contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on..

I think its good.. But.. We need to be looking to his long term replacement soon.

We have already Sax. Jack Rodwell

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Don't be too overjoyous Champs , As you well know Contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on..
    They do at our club mate. We have a band of brothers here.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    We have already Sax. Jack Rodwell
    I'm being cautious with that one.. Rodwell is on a one year deal.. Could easily go elsewhere for bigger money come the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I'm being cautious with that one.. Rodwell is on a one year deal.. Could easily go elsewhere for bigger money come the summer.

So could Dack. He could last summer?
    Let's wait and see on Rodwell. One person in football right now has complete faith in the lad. I'm not so sure, he will be in a massive rush just now to repeat previous mistakes in his career. Especially now he is older. My bet is he stays, improves, plays a big part in moving us toward. And signs an extended deal along the way like all of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    So could Dack. He could last summer?
    Let's wait and see on Rodwell. One person in football right now has complete faith in the lad. I'm not so sure, he will be in a massive rush just now to repeat previous mistakes in his career. Especially now he is older. My bet is he stays, improves, plays a big part in moving us toward. And signs an extended deal along the way like all of the others.
    I hope he chooses to remain.. I think its the right thing for him.. Just depends how he does for the rest of the season though, and whether that alerts premier league clubs.

I hope he shows loyalty to the club,if he is offered a new deal.
    This will be dependent on wages of course,the days of 50 grand a week are gone.
    Back to original thread,mulgrew is a crucial part of the jigsaw
    Over time he will become a mentor to the Wharton but for now he is the leader of this tight group of hard working individuals.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)